Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Ever wondered if corp. trolls come here >

Ever wondered if corp. trolls come here

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Ever wondered if corp. trolls come here

Old 12-09-2005, 06:46 AM
bigcountry

Default Ever wondered if corp. trolls come here

I mean people who work for say a bullet or powder company, and bust on a bullet or powder?

I mean, I have yet to see so many bullet failures in my life. I have used cheap to the cheap you can get to the most expensive on dozens of animals, and have yet to see the bad luck some of these guys face.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ever wondered if corp. trolls come here

I actually thought about this from both sides....

side 1.....dont you think these companies have bigger fish to fry than hangout on a message board with us losers???

but then side 2 makes sense also.

side 2......if they can get one person to believe that a certain type of bullet is junk then this place is just free advertisement, and well worth the 5 minutes it takes to say another bullet is superb.

dunno......but hey.......maybe we could turn this to our advantage, you know black mail!!! Call Barnes, Nosler, Hornady etc and tell them that if they dont give you 25 boxes of bullets that you are going to go on every message board that you can find and bash them under 15 different screen names!!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mossy33oak

dunno......but hey.......maybe we could turn this to our advantage, you know black mail!!! Call Barnes, Nosler, Hornady etc and tell them that if they dont give you 25 boxes of bullets that you are going to go on every message board that you can find and bash them under 15 different screen names!!!!
can i give you my christmas list now?

J - old mother hubbards cupboards are growing bare
Old 12-09-2005, 10:33 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: mossy33oak

I actually thought about this from both sides....

side 1.....dont you think these companies have bigger fish to fry than hangout on a message board with us losers???

but then side 2 makes sense also.

side 2......if they can get one person to believe that a certain type of bullet is junk then this place is just free advertisement, and well worth the 5 minutes it takes to say another bullet is superb.

Yea, but everyone knows you work for Savage Mossy

Actually this is one of the most powerful hunting forums there are. There are a few more. But almost every reloader I know these days use the internet. I am not saying there is a direct memo from VP's to go out and do corp. damage on the internet. You know the lone guy at a company that at night surfs and takes it personally. Sometimes I think that idea is silly, and other times, you see this one guy that has like 2 posts come on and do some bashing and you never see him again.

Old 12-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah------ I feel we're probably not alone out here. I actually have wondered if some misleading or spiteful info could be passed around here. Certainly would hope that doesn't happen. Dont't think it will, due to some of the excellent people on here, who, I believe, would be quick to refute obvious errant statements. Let's all watch out for it.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:15 PM
bigcountry

Well, it happens pretty regularly on the bow tech forum. The guys up there however usually don't let it go for long. But it took a call from a major bow manufacture for them to stop it.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

In today's world anything is possible. Always trying to be on step ahead of the competition....
Old 12-09-2005, 02:11 PM

Well, consider that some folks want to make sure they have justification for their exsistance. I have also used el cheapo bullets (do they get cheaper than Remington CoreLokts???) and the expensive bullets. The only bullets I have had fail are Sierra 50 grainBlitz out of my 221 Fireball. This is, in my opinion, a case where the bullet wasnt driven fast enough. Granted, the bullet failed to live up to Sierra's claims. The truth is, in a Fireball Sierra 50 grain Blitz bullets dont open up like they should. They will make a dandy turkey load, though.

Having said that, after doing a series of bullet tests with a 30-06 and a .243, I have chosen to ignore several bullets. Today, I am in search of the bullet/load for my 30-06 that will become my "shoot anything, anywhere, anytime" load. I will probably choose a premium bullet, simply because I am interested in more penetration that what is need to kill a whitetail. This year, the whitetails I took fell to el cheapo bullets. Yes, I handloaded Remington CoreLokt bullets. Proving it is not necessary to use a premium bulletfor whitetail. However, since I want to standardize on one load/one rifle/one scope for all my hunting trips, I feel I may go premium.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:58 PM

I think a lot of the complaints about not only bullet failure but rifle accuracy that you seeare posted by people who lack the experiance to really understand what is a realistic expectation from their equipment.Advertisements are full of target showingpretty, neat clover leaf groups covering a bullseye. Perfectly shaped mushroomed bullets. Hunting shows as often as not show a animal dropping where they stand.

People who are new to guns, shooting or hunting naturally think those are the results you should have all the time. It's just not realistic.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont care what anyone says im stickin with my gamekings and core junks, they work just fine and have killed all my deer.

Quick Reply: Ever wondered if corp. trolls come here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.