Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Ever wondered if corp. trolls come here >

Ever wondered if corp. trolls come here

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Ever wondered if corp. trolls come here

Old 12-10-2005, 01:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ever wondered if corp. trolls come here

Yes, I handloaded Remington CoreLokt bullets.
Isn't that mentioned as a sin in the Speer manual?[8D]

My .25-06no likey corelokts, or I would use them more often.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ought Six

Yes, I handloaded Remington CoreLokt bullets. Proving it is not necessary to use a premium bulletfor whitetail. However, since I want to standardize on one load/one rifle/one scope for all my hunting trips, I feel I may go premium.
I think I could find a rock in my driveway to loadup that would shoot better !!!!! [8D]
Old 12-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I detect a corporate marketing guy from Sierra posting in the manufacturers behalf now.....

If you owened a bullet company (or such) wouldn't you be having folks posting praises to your products too????
Old 12-10-2005, 09:16 PM
bigcountry

At my company, there were employees talking up contracts, and going on stock trading message boards after hours, we were giving a directive from up top to not go on analyst, financial, or yahoo telecom pages and post any thing either way. Now, I understand our optic company is a little more cutthroat than say bullets, but we were told we would get terminated for it. But we are a large publically traded company.

Old 12-11-2005, 02:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know about bullet or powder manufactuers, but itw pretty blatantly obvious that gun manufactuers for the most part don't isten to us peons if they did: Ruger would make a high cap magazines for their mini-14 and pistols, they would make their mini-14 $100 cheaper and have adequate accuracy. Remington would have discontinued the 710 and 597 models and concentrated on making good model 514s. Savage would work on the asthetics of their rifles a little. Remington and winchester would put a nonflimsy synthetic stock on their bolt action rifles and ruger would put a synthetic stock on their that wasn't hideous.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I mean people who work for say a bullet or powder company, and bust on a bullet or powder?

I mean, I have yet to see so many bullet failures in my life. I have used cheap to the cheap you can get to the most expensive on dozens of animals, and have yet to see the bad luck some of these guys face.
Well, maybe! But I doubt that any of Remington's marketing people ever look at one of these sites!

If they did, they'd avoid making crap like that new .350 Mag. that comes with the gut-hook front sight!
Old 12-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: popeye

I think a lot of the complaints about not only bullet failure but rifle accuracy that you seeare posted by people who lack the experiance to really understand what is a realistic expectation from their equipment.
Yep. I wonder about people who have badd accuracy from various rifle brands, for example. I wonder if it is the rifle, or that some of them just can't shoot for sour apples??

And "scope failures"!! No doubt, this can happen I suppose, because anything is possible. But I have never had a scope fail. I have, however, had a mount or two go south on me over the years!
Old 12-12-2005, 12:57 PM

I bought a used Leupold Vari-X III 3.5x-10x that was busticated. Course, the tube was bent from improper mounting prior to my ownership. Leupold warrantied it, even when I said I wasnt the original purchaser. Was not a case of scope failure, as a case of some imbecile not knowing how to mount a scope.

Old 12-14-2005, 08:57 PM

I think a lot of it is to arise the public to quote un quote something new,just to sell stuff. you don,t hear people talkling about moly coated bullets and other types like you did about a year or two ago. They wetre a flash in the pan i think. I still like the older styles,but there is some good new designs in bonded,and different core designs for sure. vangunsmith
Old 12-19-2005, 12:47 PM
DM

Today, I am in search of the bullet/load for my 30-06 that will become my "shoot anything, anywhere, anytime" load. I will probably choose a premium bullet, simply because I am interested in more penetration that what is need to kill a whitetail. This year, the whitetails I took fell to el cheapo bullets. Yes, I handloaded Remington CoreLokt bullets. Proving it is not necessary to use a premium bulletfor whitetail. However, since I want to standardize on one load/one rifle/one scope for all my hunting trips, I feel I may go premium.
Look no farther than the 200 grain Nosler partiton as it's the best 30 cal. bullet i've ever seen for the 30-06. It will work on everything from moose to mice, and shoots very accurate in the 30-06's i've loaded it in. There are other tough bullets out there, but none that will "also expand" on smaller animials too, at least not like an NP will...

Big country,

Ialways wondered how anyone could have over 5,000 post in justa coupleyears, you've shown me how....

Drilling Man

Quick Reply: Ever wondered if corp. trolls come here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.