Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Best Bench Rest for under $150? >

Best Bench Rest for under $150?

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Best Bench Rest for under $150?

Old 08-05-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Best Bench Rest for under $150?

Just wanted to ask you experts as to what brand or style of bench rest device you recommend under $150?
Do a lot of 100 and 200 meter target shooting with .308 caliber bullets.
Thank-you in advance of your advice!
Steve
Old 08-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-07-2005, 01:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best Bench Rest for under $150?

i personally like the "lead Sled" you should check one out i cant think of who makes it off hand. Shooters ridge makes several nice ones for under 100 bucks.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:07 AM

I'll second the vote for the 'lead sled'. Excellent quality and makes long range sessions more fun.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:59 PM

My dad bought a 69$ one from Gander Mountain. I dont remember what it was called but it works realy good(doesnt move when u shoot,has an out stretch for longer guns,so on so on). But my pap has a "lead sled" and that works good too.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a "Uncle Bud's Bulls Bag" (UBBB). Once one has their rifle in the UBBB your rifle will not move unless you move it orthe rifle is fired. Good luck.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the Wichita rest with Protektor front and rear bags. Whatever you do, don't make the mistake of buying a rest that doesn't have some heft to it. The Wichita is solid cast iron and weighs in at around 13 pounds, so it's going to be very steady on the bench. Here's a link to it at Lock, Stock and Barrel:

http://www.lockstock.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WITCOMBO
Old 08-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

As CMA said...EASY....Protektor front (#1) and rear bags(#13), and a Caldwell BR (Benchrest) Competition front rest. Buy the Caldwell from Midsouth they have them priced below everyone else.

http://www.protektormodel.com/

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=00094440907

This rifle rest recently became available at a great price. MidwayUSA and Midsouth Shooters Supply must have gotten into a price war with this item. They're both selling it about $50 below the manufacturers suggested price. I got one for $112 from Midsouth Shooters Supply. That's one heck of a bargain, because this rifle rest is comparable to units that normally sell in the $300 price range. For shooters that don't shoot benchrest competition, this particular rifle rest allows you to quickly make adjustments to the position your rifle - exactly where you want it. This rig makes it a whole lot easier to shoot tight groups, and testing your handloads is a real pleasure.

To start off with, this rifle rest is made in the USA. It's called the "Caldwell Rock BR Competition Front Shooting Rest," and it has all the features that you would expect from a quality bench-rest rig. It has coarse and fine elevation adjustments (from 5" to 9-1/4") with a finger-tip windage adjustment. This shooting platform is incredibly solid, and it supports a cradle that swivels on ball bearings. Its cast iron base is shaped like a slingshot, and it is 15" long.

This rifle rest has a bubble level, stainless steel leveling feet, adjustable forend stop and bag tensioning adjustment. At 15-1/2 pounds, this rifle rest gives you great stability. It's the ideal size for most benchrest shooting. The rest includes a 3" Lobe Bag and accepts all Caldwell Deluxe Front Rest Bags as well as the popular Protektor Bags. I'm not crazy about the original front bag, so I replaced mine with the Protektor Bag. This upgrade was a big improvement. This is an excellent rifle rest that most rifle shooters should own.

Old 08-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

That looks like a great rest and at 15 lbs. it should be very stable. If I didn't already own the Wichita I'd certainly consider the Caldwell.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:26 PM

caldwell The Rock and a good rear bag.

Quick Reply: Best Bench Rest for under $150?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.