Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Federal ammo using nosler bullets >

Federal ammo using nosler bullets

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Federal ammo using nosler bullets

Old 07-26-2005, 11:11 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Federal ammo using nosler bullets

Gundigest, its infectious thing I see on forums. For people to get defensive and say, I have done it this way and never had a problem.

Same as people on the guns forum who only have one gun, and telling us its the best.

Maybe its just me, or something but sometimes Ishake my head at these forums. If you never had tried something, don't post anddon't post, "never did it, but never had a problem". If you have never used an x-Die, don't post about them. Its that easy.

I have crimped 300RUM and it did help accuracy and velocity spreads with 180gr grand slam. I did also crimp some A-Frames. It worked out really good. I got my acceptable accuracy. My bullets didn't move in the mag.

Old 07-26-2005, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

On questions reguarding something that is in a group of similar things like 150gr TSX vs 150gr partitions or what cheap rifle vanguard or savage, you don't have to have experience with every aspect to give a good review of the experience that you do have. If I have experience with the TSX but not the partition I will tell my opinion based on my experience, the next person may have experience with the partition but not the TSX. If someone wants to know about a few cheaper rifles I may say check out Ruger, they may not have thought about it when asking about the others, but that is different than someone asking about a $400 Savage and telling them to look at a $1300 Weatherby. You only need collective experience when making comparisons in your opinion. If the people on the forum only replied to the subjects they knew everything about then this forum would be very slow. There is a lot of good information on here and just because it works for one person doesn't mean it will work for the next, so I am happy to hear what experienced opinons everyone has to offer either in part or in whole. No one knows everthing thats why these forums were started to get a lot of opinions (hopefully based on experience).
Old 07-27-2005, 07:25 PM
DM

What are you looking for BigCountry??? Someone to sit here and brag about how much experience they have??? I can do that if it will make you feel better, but i don't like to. I don't make it a habit to answer a post if i don't know anything about the subject.

I just don't need to crimp my loads unless it's a pistol, or a straight walled case like the 444 Marlin, or 458 Win. Mag.

I don't like useing a tool to put a canlure on a bullet, because "experience" has shown me those bullets fail where you deform (canlure) the jacket.

Have i ever tried crimping???? Yes i have, but not on a Rum, don't have one and doubt i ever will.

I've loaded well over 100,000 rounds over the years, and i crimped very few of them!!! (except as noted above)

Drilling Man
Old 07-28-2005, 08:20 AM
bigcountry

Well, it was pretty clear I thought. I have a lot of respect for you DM andshocked youcouldn't figure this one out. There was no need for the double post. You have already explained to everyone about your crimping practices unless you just wanted to come and yell at me or reemphasized your crimping practices. Man, just email me. Its not difficult.

This topic is not difficult either. What am I looking for??????? Easy. If I was postingthequestion about crimps and federal or remington, this kinda answer would be helpful to me, see following.

"I did talk to XYZ company and they explained why I can't get crimped rounds, and by the way, yes, I have crimped this round and got these results with and without and feel this way about it, just a little note for you incase you are thinking of crimping"

One thats pretty useless is, "I have well loaded 100,000 rounds and I know everything about everything". Another example are the posts thats, doesn't even touch the actual question, and just comes on to say, "I have never done it, so neither should you type of thing".

Bottom line folks is I should have just left it alone. I made the mistake. Cause I wasted my time griping over something that annoys me. I will do better not to waste my time by just asking myself the question, "why bother, does this feed me or put money in my pocket?, or does it entertain me orjust upset me?". Only reason to reply to this one, was DM, you deserve a reply.

I like your experience, and repect the experience you have that most could only dream of in the field but you sure don't know everything. I sure don't agree with alot you have to say, but you deserve a reply.

Old 07-28-2005, 05:53 PM
DM

Well, i sure hope i'venever given the impression to anyone that i "think" i know everything!! I've never even thought that let alone said it!!!

"If" i knew everythingi'd have understood your origional post better... :&gt)

I read it several times, and i have to admit it, i still don't quite get who you aimed it at, but at the time i felt it was aimed a bit at me so i answered.

I see a lot of stupid things posted from time to time, for the most part i leave them alone, because i'm sure my post wouldn't change any minds anyway!! I guess what does bother me,is when "there" post will lead others to believe the crapola they are spewing, that's when i just can't seem to leave it alone.

Take questions about brown bear cals... 99% of the folks that answer have never seen a big bear out of a zoo, (many posters even say it in there answer) but they knew "exactly" what will and will not kill one!!! They all think nothing short of a cannon is needed, and i just shake my head!!! Yet, many times they argue with a person who has hunted them for years.

How about the guy that loves 30 cal. 180's but has absolutely NO USE for 7mm, because the heaviest bullets he can find is 175 grain!!!! hahahahahaa

Anyway, if i mis understood your post, i'm sorry,and like i said above, it only proves that i do NOT know everything!!!

Drilling Man
Old 07-28-2005, 10:17 PM
bigcountry

Hey, when it comes to brown bears, you would probably be the first one I would call upon. Like I said, you have seen things I probably never will but one day maybe.

Anyway it goes, I let my annoyance get ahead of me. And sorry about that.

Take care