Wholesale Sports in Winnipeg >

Wholesale Sports in Winnipeg

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Wholesale Sports in Winnipeg

Old 08-01-2004, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wholesale Sports in Winnipeg

We are finally going to have a Wholesales Sports store in Winnipeg. This information was originally brought to my attention by rbduck (Ron). I drove by the store yesterday and noticed the new sign and it’s posted to open Aug. 3rd.

This store was previously named Farmers supply and has been closed for a little while for renovation and a new name. Hopefully they will have good prices with better selection of hunting gear. I’m sure S.I.R. will be paying attention to this new store.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wholesale Sports in Winnipeg

I gotta wait until next Friday(payday) before I venture in there.

Ron
Old 08-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys unless your's is much different than ours in saskatoon, don't get your bubble to high! The name is the only thing that is wholesale with this outfit! Also selection is ok but they buy their years supplies at the shows and if something comes out after you won't see it nor will they order it for you. You see these guys believe in dealing big supply contracts and maximizing their bottomline. I am not sure about Winnipeg but in Saskatoon and Alberta stores of wholesale I have entered help is far from good. The staff is paid peanuts in wages so they get cracker jack output from them. Here they took over a very knowledgeable crew at the former shop and all are gone now, just couldn't hack working for these guys nor could they afford to! My hunting partner asked last week in Saskatoon when they were getting in any Federal Premium loaded with Nosler Accubonds, 3 seperate guys behind the gun counter said there was no such offering from Federal. Then he asked a dummy about birch bark moose calls and the guy looked at him like he was dumb, never heard about that before and why would you want one..was the response he received.

Sorry maybe with SIR they will more on the ball but judging from Calgary where they have more competition I doubt it...it is the Walmart in a sportsman store in mine and a lot of others who has to deal with this crew..no knowledge, less personality and all the big company stuff lining the wall space at Canadian Tire prices.

Plain and simple I buy as little as I can from the clowns and wished the day had never came when they took over Dixon's!

Hope your's is better than others I have frequented. Hopefully Basspro opening in toronto later this year will be another source of mail order in this country...right now I am down to Russell Sports. SIR increasing shipping fees, etc rubs me the wrong way but their prices are better than wholesale on a number of items I have checked.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:18 PM

Skeeter, sorry to hear of your bad experiance. What are your views on the Edmonton and Lethbrdge stores?
Old 08-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pharoh never been to the lethbridge store and a long while since I was at the edmonton store, so I really can't say.

The check out girls are an exception though very friendly and couple are real easy on the eyes[8D]. As for the rest of it, I'll mail order thanks.

Sorry my manitoba friends I hope your experience is better than mine has been with Wholesale..I would hate to ruin your party but don't expect a cabela's or the likes. Let us know your thoughts.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

What are your views on the Edmonton and Lethbrdge stores?
I shop in the Edmonton store very rarely as the service stinks.They always seem to be out of stock on many items.Russells sports in Calgary has much better service and competetive pricing.I have never been in the Lethbridge store.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Skeeter, I read your first comment and would have to say that S.I.R. also orders in bulk for the year and will not order one’s and two’s after there stock is out... At least Farmer’s would order what ever you wanted without problems, just along as they carried the make and they had a down deposit. I’ll be heading to the store after work and see what changes they made and if they still have the same staff. I guess time will tell if it was a good move or not changing to Wholesale Sports....

Stubblejumper, I have been at Russel sports in Calgary and they do have a very nice store with lots of hunting gear and good prices with no provincial sales tax
Old 08-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Hopefully you guys won't get as pi$$ed as me and my hunting partners have in the past dealing with wholesale. Customer service is the last thing on their priority list...mind you it seems to depend on the day. I have vowed not to buy from them again[:@] I pay the extra 5% at Russels just on principal alone. Even better, I get alot of my stuff from Cabelas now. I love their product and service is second to none. After the exchange and duty it's still cheaper than buying it here. Hell I even bought stock in their company. JDinAB
Old 08-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Trailer I am sure many do buy in bulk, it would make sense too on most of their product or carry lines. I guess unless dealing with a small shop the days of customer orders appear to be over, which really sucks if your like me and don't always buy the norm! It is all level of service and IME wholesale is very poor. I have stood at the archery, optics, gun, etc counter while the workers goofed around or talked, only after I piped up that I'd like some help did someone come and help. Even then their expertise is minimal and true customer interest is non-existant. Thank god for forum sites so a guy get actually get some valuable input on things, besides just your hunting buddies!

If like Saskatoon, wholesale will try and keep the employee's from farmer. Only time will tell how long they actually stay. Here they all moved over and within a few years most had left. Since the new store location opened a couple years ago all have quit. They have been mostly replaced by younger workers, which I certainily wouldn't mind if they gave decent service and when they didn't know looked it up or said "I don't know" vs. saying stuff like I mentioned in my first post. Since that isn't the case they don't get a lot of my money each year and I have been mail ordering or dealing with smaller shops who will order for customers. Which are in jeopardy when these bigger outfits come into the picture, we live in a big box era that people are willing to put up with crackerjack output for cheaper prices. Like JD I will gladly pay more to get service, knowledge and experience.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

rbduck, ended up going to our new Wholesale Sport store and other then the name pretty well every thing is the same. If they renovated , I can’t see it. They don’t have any specials and the prices looks like they're the same as before but then I didn’t spend much time in there. So, hang on to your money for another time when and if they do have a special. The staff is the same so that’s a good thing, so far. I‘ll have to go and scout it out another time to examine the store a little closer next time.

Like Skeeter said “don’t get your bubble to high”

Quick Reply: Wholesale Sports in Winnipeg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.