Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Purchasing a firearm from the states?? >

Purchasing a firearm from the states??

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Purchasing a firearm from the states??

Old 05-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Purchasing a firearm from the states??

I’m just curious if any Canadians have purchased a rifle or shotgun from the states ever since the gun law has been in affect? I had checked with customs and they had said it could be done and that the gun would have to be held at customs till the gun was registered. Would any one have any information?
Old 06-01-2004, 06:24 PM

Default RE: Purchasing a firearm from the states??

trailer

(1)The first challenge is to find a seller that is prepared to put up with the b/s that the leftovers from Clinton throw in their way. They MAY need an export permit. They will need to check that out, the rules change almost daily.

(2) Once the piece is ready to be shipped, but BEFORE it is, you need to get it registered with CFC. IF and when it is registered, then you can have them ship it. US Post is fine. You cannot mail something Internationally by Can Post but you can receive it.

The contents of the package must be CLEARLY listed on the outside. In theory, Can Customs will intercept it, advise you that it is there, then you go with your FAC and pay the GST plus their $5 fee and take your piece home. gg.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Purchasing a firearm from the states??

What about if a friend brings the rifle up from the states??...............and gives you the rifle?...is this possible?

I've been lookn at this sinerio very hard, as i have someone will to "give me a gun when they come up for a hunt this fall