Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting >

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 11-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Spike

if you are trying to look at the caribou maps here is where I started. http://www.mrn.gouv.qc.ca/english/wi...ribou/maps.jsp Then hit the rechercher tab, then hit the cartes tab, it should pop down some checkable boxes( if that is a word). Check the box for Satellite Telemetry Maps of Caribou Migration. at the bottom click the "Afficher le resultat" tab. then hit the maps that you wish to look at, then hit the Acquerir tab. this take you to the next page.( did not say it was easy) now at the bottom hit the "Ajouter au panier" tab, on the next page that pops up hit the "commander" tab, now the legal stuff pops up hit the "accepter" tab. Now to put in your personel info, under "pays" if you are in the US down tab to "Etats Unis" give it a second and the states will show up.then for "courriel" this is your e-mail address. now at the bottom hit the tab "etape suivante", next page at bottom hit "paiement en ligne" (keep in mind duiring this, on the right there is sometimes a english tab, not on all screens)this takes you to the credit card section put in your info and hit "payer maintenant" this is a timed event, they want your e-mail address also. on the next page hit the "telecharger tab", on the next page click on the highlighted "produit" section. you should be able to save or open it I save it to my desktop to open later. If it does not make it to the desktop I look for it in down loads. hope this helps. good luck to all

Last edited by moorebam4; 11-17-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Spike

Default caribou not moving forward

I heard today that they are having trouble getting the caribou due to not enough cold to freeze and not enough snow to get to them and 4 wheelers can't go on the soft ground. they are 6 miles out and not moving.
Hopefully it will freeze up in time for our group 22 thru 26. if not anyone had this problem in the past and what was the solution?
thanks for all the good help and information.
Wil report when we return.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Animals are about 100 km north of LA1 - the first pod of the herd. The weather may move them back up and to the east - very warm up top and the ice is no where. The ridge from LA1/LA2 runs toward K500+ of TTR - this is where they should be funneled if the ice issues are not improved. East they have no real water to contend with and you should see then of the road east of Laforge. Mass of the herd is still above Bieniville and they will hang until we see some cold/snow - maybe we have a migration like 2010. Hunt East and to LA2 off of Laforge Rd.

Good Luck Mates -
Old 11-21-2011, 01:47 AM
Spike

HI ALL YOU BOU HUNTERS!! look like this last few hunts will do good, 11-22-to mid dec. good luck to all, i will miss going this year i should be there tonite, SO LETS GO BOU HUNTING!!
Old 11-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Spike

Default Need info

We were heading up today to Radisson but heard that they hadn't moved since the lake hasn't froze yet. I was wondering where they are and if anyone knows when the majority will pass through zone 22A and if anyone has gone yet and had any success also when people are going
Old 11-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ethanj
We were heading up today to Radisson but heard that they hadn't moved since the lake hasn't froze yet. I was wondering where they are and if anyone knows when the majority will pass through zone 22A and if anyone has gone yet and had any success also when people are going
I came back last Friday and they were still 50mi north of Mirage and 10 mi west of Kisk,the main heard was still north of 106, when we got there on the 14th it was in the 40s and raining, by the end of the week it was in the teens and the lakes were starting to freeze.
The only way to get to them was by helicopter Mirage was running about $800.0 a man and that included your caribou being transported. Although the first group out on Tuesday was charged 1600.00 pp because they had a hard time locating the smaller heard.
As you can imagine that did not go over well Mirage had promised to do the scouting in thier plane but never did. Up at Kisk it was running about 500.00 pp they were a little closer and let you drive and picked you up,so it was a shorter trip. They should be much closer this week Good luck and keep the updates coming
Old 11-24-2011, 03:53 AM
Spike

Jimmy bigtime and I are on the road to the bou.any new reports. Good luck boys
Old 11-24-2011, 06:00 AM
Spike

Our group just got back last night, hunted Nov 18-22, all brought back nice Caribou, had to go to the end of the road at LA-1 106K and then cross the dam and go about two ridges out. It looked like they would be closer to hunt by 11-24
Old 11-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Spike

We're leaving for the Mirage on 11/29 we will be there from 11/30-12/4 and it's our first time. Any advice?
Old 11-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Spike

Good Luck to all you heading up! Wish I could have made it, I had a blast last year!

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.