[Deleted]

Old 12-24-2003, 10:38 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-24-2003, 10:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mad cow in the USA

They have put a ban on already. This is not good news for anyone.
Old 12-25-2003, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard that Canada is supporting them a little , and I hope they do so, we don't need anymore uproars with the US. It happened and we need to stand behind them and help them over this, not spite them...BT
Old 12-25-2003, 01:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-25-2003, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Otis; sorry to disagree. The US kicked the crap out of our beef industry this year to the degree of $1.6 billion dollars. We presently do not yet have an open border for Canadian beef because they don't believe that the threat from Canada is over. It would be unfair to our beef industry if we did not shut down the border to US cows until we are sure that no threat to the Canadian beef industry exists from American mad cow disease.

Dan O.
Old 12-25-2003, 11:29 PM

Not like I know anything about beef, but the reports are that as an integrated beef industry, this isn't a whole lot better for us than if it happened here.

I think the industry and regulators have let consumers down terribly. This is a predictible outcome of the feeding policies on both sides of the border. Basicaly we have been lied to about the standards in the NA industry. We carried on the exact same policies the UK discovered were disasterous in the 80s. Meanwhile, who knew that the US policy was even worse than the Canadian, all the while they were baning our beef. Not to mention that the "canadian" farmer who had BSE in Alberta, was an american. I'm all for kicking the industry in the acorns if that's what it takes to put consumers first, Grade "A" my a$$. This is an industry that eats it's own waste, then feeds it to us.

Meanwhile these same geniuses are telling us that GM foods are totaly safe.
Old 12-26-2003, 01:56 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-27-2003, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

That border closer of Canadian Beef had noughting to do with the war fellas, That was decision made from the US that was from an ongoing deal with beef back 10 years ago. Japan had a problems right into the US with beef back then and the Canadian Goverment stopped all US and Japan's beef from entering the country for a time period. As sad as it was , it boils right back to our lovely Goverment for the closer of Canadian Beef crossing in the summer. The ranchers in the west know this and this is why they have spooked out and asked not to stop beef, just try to get it cleaned up...BT
Old 12-27-2003, 03:53 PM

And of course we don't know yet, but to add to the interest, it may be a canadian cow...
Old 12-27-2003, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everything bad that happens is blamed on Canada. It was 9/11, then jobs lost from cheap timber, the power failure, loss of the american film industry, now Mad cow. In reality these were all made in the US. We had better loose our inferiority complex quickly. If shutting down cattle/beef exports from the US protects our industry, shut it down until their cattle prove clean.

Dan O.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.