Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Hi from Germany

Old 02-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Spike

Default Hi from Germany

Since I could not find a sub-forum for introdcutions I'll use this one. I cam e across this site through a German hunting forum. Very interesting here.

About me, I have been hunting for the last 25 years, always here with the exception of the 12 years I lived in the States. The first 8 in NYC and then in Houston, TX. The latter I really miss a lot, the former not at all.

Main game is Roe Deer but now in a new lease also Red Deer and lots of wild boars. Every couple of years I manage to go on a bird shoot, but I am very mediocre with the shotgun.

Weapons:
Mauser 66 in 30-06 with S&B 1,5-6x42 and 8x56 scopes
Win 94 AE in .307 Win.
Merkel Side by Side in 16/70
Ruger Sec. Six in .357 Mgn.

So thats about it. I am looking forward to reading and participating here as much as possible.

Cheers
Old 02-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Spike

Welcome to the forum, Mauser man!
I'm from Pennsylvania and now live in Brazil. I've never been to Europe but I enjoy hunting red deer and wild boar in Argentina.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:20 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Brazilnut
Welcome to the forum, Mauser man!
I'm from Pennsylvania and now live in Brazil. I've never been to Europe but I enjoy hunting red deer and wild boar in Argentina.

Thanks. I envy you for hunting in Argentina. It must be phantastic. My wife is from there, but except for one trip to Patagonia (a little fishing) I have never made it out of Buenos Aires so far. One day it will happen.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Spike

Default question for Mauser66

Welcome Mauser66.

Could you please help me with something? I hunted in Germany and have a jagdschein. I live in Alaska now.
Is Karl Kaps a good scope? I only know about S&B, Zeiss, Docter, Kahles, Seeadler, Pecar and Swaroski.
I have an opportunity to get a new Kaps 2.5 - 10x50 illuminated, but know nothing about their quality
How good of a scope is it compared?
Thanks.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Welcome Mauser!! It's is a great site have fun, see u around.