Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Expired PAL

Old 09-18-2011, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck
Thread Starter
mustad's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 811
Default Expired PAL

I am a Canadian non-resident and my Possession and Acquisition license expired a year ago. Can I still cross through the canadian border with this expired card along with the firearm registration card(s) or do I have to have a renewed card prior to crossing?

Assuming I have to renew my card, is there a way to expedite this process?

mustad is offline  
Old 09-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13

Once it has expired, your PAL cannot be renewed. Hence, you need to re-apply. Also, you will need to pay the processing fee, which would have been waived if you had applied for a renewal prior to expiration of your previous PAL.

If you enter without a PAL with your firearms, you will be in serious trouble.
pacobillie is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: southern , ontario
Posts: 14

You should have been issued a renewal application in the mail 90 days prior to the PAL expireing that is how i recieved mine and after speaking to the RCMP its that way with all PAL holders. call 1-800-731-4000 to find out what and where to go to get it renewed after it expires.
1Goldeneagle is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.