pardon my stupid question >

pardon my stupid question

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

pardon my stupid question

Old 05-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Spike

Default pardon my stupid question

i am looking to find out what type of bear in canada is a golden type of color with chocolate colored paws
Old 05-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

Black bears vary a great deal in both size and colour. Although black is the most common colour, there can be periods of time when black bears are shades of brown. Others have white coats (Kermode bears) and one of the rarest has a pale-blue coat (glacier bears). Both of these are found in British Columbia. The size of an adult male black bear can range from 50 to 75 inches and they can anywhere from 130 to 660 pounds. Adult females are also between 50 and 75 inches tall, but weigh 90 to 175 pounds. At birth, a cub usually weighs about 7 to 11 ounces.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Typical Buck

I believe Kermode bears are more that just a colour phase, but more like a "race".

Colour phases can appear anywhere, anytime but some say they are more prevalent in certain areas.

I once saw a bear that was almost yellow. She had two cubs with her. One was as yellow as she and the other was black as the ace of shovels.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

http://users.aristotle.net/~swarmack/kermode.html
Old 03-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Duffy
I believe Kermode bears are more that just a colour phase, but more like a "race".

Colour phases can appear anywhere, anytime but some say they are more prevalent in certain areas.

I once saw a bear that was almost yellow. She had two cubs with her. One was as yellow as she and the other was black as the ace of shovels.
Yup they are a genetic mutation and protected province wide in BC, shoot one and you are in the bad books. Lots of colorphase bears mostly inland. Vancouver Island bears are very black and are a slightly different subspecies, Shockey goes into a bit more detail in his Cavebear video. Fun to hunt the brown and blond ones.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Colour phase black bears.

RC

Last edited by Tuffcity; 04-02-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Spike

Yeah, black bears come in all colors, I have seen them almost white to jet black and everything in between, including blonde with darker paws, and that is just in Saskatchewan.

here are a few pics from this spring

Old 10-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

Grizzlies can be some different and unusual colours as well.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

I'd leen toward a grizz if it was a really blonde color.