Calling wolves in Canada and getting fox >

Calling wolves in Canada and getting fox

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Calling wolves in Canada and getting fox

Old 06-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Spike

Default Calling wolves in Canada and getting fox

When we are calling wolves in Canada, we get in a lot of fox and lynx coming into the call. Usually if they come in, you will not get a wolf in. They know when there is a wolf in the vicinity and refrain from coming in. There are some great color variations of fox in Ontario, silver, red and cross fox, that all make great mounts. The lynx cannot be taken while calling, the trappers are in control of all the lynx permits, and can only be taken by trap. It is real tough to get one in and just have to watch it until it decides to leave.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

just curious what do you use to call in wolves and do you use a predator call ????your question is not very clear ..if you howel like a wolfe no fox ,coyote or lynx will show up ..
Old 08-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

I used a "fawn distress" call (Eastman "deer talk" call) to call these wolves in. Then I used a Savage 99 in .300 sav. to knock them down.

Having wolves running at you with dinner on their mind is a real adrenaline rush.