Deer hunting in Manitoba >

Deer hunting in Manitoba

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Deer hunting in Manitoba

Old 08-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Spike

Default Deer hunting in Manitoba

How is the deer hunting in Manitoba? In paticular the Riding mountain area. How does it compare to other areas of Canada?
Old 08-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not bad but the interlake area is better hunting. Also south west Manitoba. Pretty hard to compare it to the rest of Canada, we are a big place. It would like me asking you how Mi compares to the rest of the states. As a rule of thumb, the farther north you go in our province the less deer/sq mile you will see. But generally speaking the northern deer are usually bigger than the southern deer. There is some awesome hunting south of Riding Mountain (getting into more moose country north of riding mountain). If I was traveling in from the states I would definitely look at the norther interlake area. You will hear the term "the narrows" when you check out outfitters. This is an excellent place to hunt. Lots of big bodied deer and every year many world class bucks are taken out of this area.