Argo or not to Argo? >

Argo or not to Argo?

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Argo or not to Argo?

Old 04-02-2003, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Argo or not to Argo?

Hey guys, I have been looking at the 6 wheel Argo and would like to know if anyone would have information or experiance on the Argo.
They have 2 models with six wheels that I' m interested in. One model is the 6x6 Conquest and has the Kawasaki liquide cool 4 cycle engine. The other is the 6x6 Big Foot and has the Briggs & Stratton Vanguard air cooled 4 cycle engine. I' m not sure what engine would be better but they both have 2 years warranty. I was very impressed with the flexability and the accessories. I was also impressed with the 4 years warranty on the body. Would anyone have any experience on the Argo and it would be much appreciated.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Argo or not to Argo?

I have ridden in a few and would never buy one.They are very slow and ride very rough and are quite noisy.They are also not very manouverable due to their large size.They also high center quite easily in really rough terrain.Their only pluses are that they float and can haul a lot of gear.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

I have not ridden in one but have talked with many that have. They might be slower and bumpier than todays Quads but they will go places that the quads will not. If you put tracks on them, a friend tells me that they will climb over deadfalls that you will not walk over. He also says that they will turn sharper.

Sorry that I can' t help you with the models that you are looking into.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m going to test drive one soon. I was told by the dealer that the Argo doesn' t make that much noise. I' ll find out when I drive one. I' m also not to concern about speed because I' m not in a race when I' m hunting or fishing. I had a 1987 Honda 4 track and sold it because I was the only one who had one. With the Agro you can have up to 4 guys. I saw a video on the Argo with the track on and boy does it go. Great for ice fishing. I' ll let you know how the test drive went.›
Old 04-04-2003, 06:02 AM

Trailer
It' s nice of you to buy toys for all your friends to enjoy!
Wanna Be My Friend[:-]
It would save me alot of money
AL
Old 04-04-2003, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Kawasaki is the better engine. They may be slow compared to a snowmobile but if you value your life they' re the way to travel when you' re ice fishing. You need the tracks if you' re going into deep snow. I want one of the 8x8 models but they seem to hold their value so well that a 10 year old one is still more than 1/2 of the original price.

Dan O.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

Trailor: Here are a couple of sites I ran across in my travels: www.argoatv.com +
Recreatives Industries Inc phone # 1-800-255-2511.
Old 04-07-2003, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

There' s also a vehicle called the Buffalo (guess where it' s made?) which is like the argo. They appear to be a bit less expensive but I don' t know how well they' re made and spare parts would have to come over the border.

Dan O.
Old 04-07-2003, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Dan O. but I' ll stick to this side of the border. I have never heard of the Buffalo so like you said how are they built is a good question but it' s just that if I have to get parts, I could imagine the problems getting parts over the border. Parts sitting at customs when I' m ready to go on a big hunting trip. Thanks Again