Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Argo ATV??

Old 02-05-2006, 09:39 PM

Default Argo ATV??

Looking into one of these for hunting swampy land. Any experience with these?? They are pricey........It's either this or a rhino...I'm curious about longevity and maintenance as well.....

www.argoatv.com
Old 02-06-2006, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Argo ATV??

I have looked into them also a couple years back but haven’t bought one yet. I took the 6x6 & 8x8 Conquest out for a test run and was very impressed on what they could do but would rather have the 8x8 model instead. The 8x8 handles better, has a smoother ride and can handle more cargo.

I also found the liquid cool engine to be nice and quite when running compared to the fan cooled engine. If you have intentions on getting the tracks you will also have to get smaller tires to suite the track that I think comes as a kit. The tracks would also work well in swampy land.

If you have the opportunity to look at the video and take one out for a test ride, check it out. These Argos are a little slower and larger then quads but they can go places quads wouldn’t even attempt. I don’t think the rhino would even come close in comparison to what the Argo can do. Good luck...
Old 02-06-2006, 01:09 PM

i recommend you get one and i am sure 100% that you wont be dissapointed my hunting partner just bought the new avenger and it is way better than a rhino for sure
Old 02-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey man at one time doctor death had one for sale, maybe he could help you
Old 02-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Trailer I have owned two of the Argo 8 wheelers ..never had a problem with either one and they will go anywhere you need to get to ... I will tell you if your going to buy a used one be sure it has hydrolic breaks ... the Briggs and Stratton is a good little motor and the Kawasaki motor isbigger but no better in my opinion ... they all handle well ...more nimble then any 4 wheeler in the woods ...

dd
Old 02-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

DD, If I get one it would have to be new or just a couple years old and those are hard to find. At this time I’m looking for a quad for all the work around my country home but the Argo will be on my wish list. Thanks for the info...Hopefuly we’ve past on some interesting info for Roseaukaine to help in his decision...
Old 02-06-2006, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Argo and the Rhino are absolutely 2 completely different animals.

Apples and oranges.

When you say swampy land - I think you should say Argo.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:39 AM

Thanks guys - where I am located, swampy is a little decieving! Some places are like quicksand, overgrown ponds, ect. What worries me about the Argo is ground clearance and it's "toughness" in running over logs and small undesirable saplings up to 2" DBH. In some areas there are cypress knees, in others - many fallen trees from the hurricanes. I need something to help manage land, haul stuff around, manage ponds,andspray herbicides. I have a friend that has the 6x6 - and it's always broken (it was bought second hand - and gets abused by his kids ALOT). The investment for the 8x8 is around $15K - I wanted to make sure that the polyethylene body could hold up to a little abuse - especially on the underbelly.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Argo is definitely not a tank but maybe you could inquire about getting a custom made skid plate for the underside c/w a brush bar. Just a thought...
Old 02-17-2006, 01:44 PM

Argo's are amazing vehicles my boss in alaska has a small fleet of them and they all have held up for many years with only minor repairs and maintenance. In alaska we have alot of tundra and blowdowns we have to maneuver around and go over so we have to have a vehicle rugged enough to handle all that. The argo was our answer. If driven responsibly it will go wherever you want it to go and do whatever you want it to do. We haul boats in and out of the river with ours and we haul all our firewood with it (we have woodburning stoves for our houses) I even used them for my trapping season which is a comfort when your navigating a frozen river and happen to go through the ice. The patrols up in our neck of the woods even use them for search and rescue operations. Hope this helps

Steve

Quick Reply: Argo ATV??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.