Hunting with Crossbow >

Hunting with Crossbow

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Hunting with Crossbow

Old 01-21-2002, 12:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default Hunting with Crossbow

In your Province what are the regulations re: crossbows and do you agree with them? Would you hunt with a crossbow if you could?
Old 01-21-2002, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting with Crossbow

In Ontario , you can hunt with a crossbow there counted as a firearm and have to be in case when need to be. I think there OK for some that want to use them. As far as range there the same as a compound bow , just a little less to remember when a shot presents it self. I by no means put anyone down for useing them, its like every man for him self. I use the Compound my self and do own a crossbow that sits in the closet. Most of the guys that use them and hunt with me seem to be changeing over. The info that is out on the Compound about having to shoot everyday for practice to keep up on your anchor points is old news. The Compound Bows that are on the market today are setup well and you don't seem to have to practice like when shooting the older model stuff....BT
Old 01-21-2002, 02:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-21-2002, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

My main deer weapon is the crossbow. The season runs from Oct 1 - Dec 31 and it's one of the few weapons you can use in populated areas.

I've only shot recurves and longbows. I found that they required a good deal of practice to reach the accuracy that a crossbow gives after it's sighted in.

Dan O.
Old 01-21-2002, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

Well i have bow a xbow and a compound longbow. I really enjoyed hunting and walking through the woods with a bow.
I had to change over to the xbow about 8 years ago when I broke my shoulder. I can hunt with a xbow today and enjoy tomorrow or I can use my compound longbow and be laid up for a week or so. Until I broke my shoulder I spent 5-10 hrs. per week practising.
Old 01-21-2002, 05:49 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-22-2002, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's the nice thing about a crossbow: you sight it in, practice a bit and go hunt. The xbow must still be used as a bow, with preferably 20+/- yd shots, but the xbow is as ready to an xbow hunter as a rifle is to a rifle hunter.

I would probably quit hunting if I shot something and I couldn't finish the kill. It's got a lot of people pissed off at me for not shooting when they would have, but I'm still hunting and enjoying it.

Dan O.