2008 Canadian Whitetails

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Old 11-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2007 Canadian Whitetails

Saska
Good buck for not the right one ,LMAO. Congrats bud. I have taken a few days of due to my Grandson's bday and the sort,be back in the stanf tomorrow. Don't get to bored ratteling the big boys Saska.
Rocky
Old 11-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Neat looking buck Sask. Congrats. You areconsistent!
Old 11-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great pics JD!!

Saska congrats...I feel yeah on "the deer" thingy...been there before and probably will again[8D]. I haven't been to the East side of 29 since late summer so no real tipsfor you but same as last year keepan eyeon the fringe areas around the pastures!

I was lucky enough to have a job out of townto end this week that allowed me to put forth some time for last minute scouting of the fringe area, where my cabin is located. I found 2 deer that made my heart flutter in my usual haunts yesterday evening/this am. Found one of thegoodie'sthis amwhile on route tochecking the forest area for moose sign which is also open Nov 19th week. I may add I ran across 3 bulls on my recon today, of which one was a real good bull. Needless to say I am stoked about the 19th week and figure it should be primetime for the deer to be rutting. I saw a number of deer but no signs of them chasing yet...lots of rubs and scrapes as per norm.All I have to do now besides wait and dream is deceide if a moose tag will be an advantage.

Best of luck all
Old 11-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys,

Sounds like you've got some pretty good prospects going Skeeter. Good luck.

I'll probably end up in the same area as last year. Hopefully the weather will cooperate a little better this year.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Typical Buck

Well gent's...seems everyone on the board is ready for their BIG hunts, except for you SaskGood luck to everyone and I want to see pics whn I get back. I'm gone Monday for a week to try and bag a Northern Whitetail again. See ya soon!
Old 11-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck up there JD! Things have been cooling off a bit so next week should be good for you.I'm expecting to seepicsof your big onewhen you get back!Have fun.

N.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys,

Just a quick note - for starters get 'accident' buck Saska!
Cant wait to get down to Alb. and sask in 2 weeks. Gunna be a blast! Nothing much for snow sticking there yet though eh?

What the story on mule deer in sask? I know residents can get a draw - can one get guided for a mule deer there?

Also, if I shoot a couple deer in Alberta and tag them, whats going to happen when I drive into sask. with alberta mulie/whitetail? Will it be all good as long as I have the correct paper work?
Old 11-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks AG,

The only folks that can legally offer antlered mulie hunts in Sask are the First Nations and only on Reserve land. Otherwise, there is no non-resident or canadian resident antlered mulie hunting in Sask. Something whick is great if you live there and crappy if you used to live there, right Skeeter[8D]

As for transporting your Alberta critters that's a question for SERM. IMHO, legit or not,driving aroundin Sask withanimals having Alberta tags on them for a weekisnot something that would earn instant credibility with the CO's if you get stopped. It might be easier in the long run to line up cooler space in AB for a week. Otherwise here is the link to SERM

http://www.se.gov.sk.ca

good luck and don't forget to post pics when you get back

N.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

AG, you must obtain an import permit from SERM to bring in game animals underan alberta tag (not being a sask resident). A permit would be required for each animal you plan to transport into Sask.Briefly explained under the transportation of game section in the 07' Hunting Guide available online at the above link Saska gave you. Call SERM and they'll be able to give you info, etc required.

Had a skiff on the graound this am but its pretty much gone now. Calling for a possibility of some in the next few days as well and temps sitting around the 0 mark. Though you how weathermen are... Good Luck

Best of luck JD on your hunt next week..get yourself one!!

I am heading out Monday to try andhelp my partner fill hisMulie buck tag. So maybe I'll have soime pics to share early next week

Good luck to everyone else.

BTW, Early inbest of luck in the bow zone hope everything falls into place for you

Old 11-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

Good call on the permit Skeet. I forgot to mention that.

I saw the most depressing thing at work today. The local Fish'n Fur recently seized a beautiful heavy mature 4x4 with matching 7-8inch droptines on both sides. To see a rack most of us dream of sitting in the yard waiting for the ravens and sun to have their wicked way with it was almost too much. I will honestly lose sleep over the senseless waste (by the poachers) of such an impressive trophy.

Quick Reply: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.