2008 Canadian Whitetails >

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Old 08-20-2008, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2007 Canadian Whitetails

Hope things work out for him JD. That's scary stuff. The wife and I are expecting our first as well and we're keeping our fingers crossed that it all goes well.

what did you settle on for a spotter? Did you get it from that Cameraland guy?

Skeeter, good luck with your moose draw. Are you looking for antlers or steaks? What's the moose sitiation like up north these days? Good luck topping your whitey from last year. did you go for a shoulder mount? pics?
Unfortunately I think the days of big mule bucks in 29e may be gone, gonna be a hard place for a mulie to make a living with a general season. Stupid SGI.[:'(]
Old 08-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Sask...I have to admit the first bit of bringing a baby home is alot of work, but the rewards are awesome. As for the spotter, ya I got it from Doug at Cameraland, did some research and everyone raved about them & the spotter. Didn't get a chance to look at it in person, but I'm really happy with it. Only thing is at 60x it is a bit dark but unless I drop $2000+ it just wasn't worth it. This thing is still amazing! It's the Pentax P65ED, got it for $550, the cheapest I could find it for next to that was close to a grand. A definate recommend in my books.
ps. I dont think Skeeter was allowed todo ashoulder mount...[:-]

Here's a pic of #2

Old 08-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Typical Buck

#1...he'll be 3 in October...with his bow & arrow hunting gophers. This is actually the location where the Jesse James movie was shot a few years back.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Typical Buck

saw these guys this summer while shooting gophers, not the best pics but it's something.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Typical Buck

The DXT is on! poor bugger

Old 08-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nowre-modeling the basement and then I'll have mounts. He'll be one of them for sure!! I prepped the cape and skull last fall, just a matter of time. Thanks JD

SB, the hunt/steaks are first not overally picking when it comes to moose or elk, though wont turn down bone either if available. Moose where we hunt in terms of numbers it's decent.
Congrats on the upcoming addition and all the best.
Yeah your dead on the 29's are going to be pounded this..as is zone 10 from the sounds of it. It's a tough situation, not really sure where I stand on it anymore[&:]???

Prayers and all the best JD.Enjoy them. I have bought through doug and always been happy myself. A pod and window mounts are a must with the spotters. Like you I haven't quite been able to sacrifice the money required for brightness and high mag with a spotter. BTW I have been happy as well with my pentax bins, even had to use their customer service a couple times. Both times my fault really but no question asked they were fixed at no charge.

Hia, sounds good and best of luck with teaching/hunting.

All the best gents.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

ORIGINAL: JD IN ALBERTA

The DXT is on! poor bugger

JD, why don't you pick on someone your own size!Good to see you guys are up and about. JD, congrats to you and your wife on that little bundle of joy.I hope everything goes well for you. I had Rob/PA change this thread to 2008 Canadian Whitetails, I don't know how it got back to 2007 again? Anyway, nice to hear from my Canadian friends once again. I'll be in the Bow Zone the last week of Nov this year!
Old 08-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Typical Buck

early...if I didn't kill him, he'd grow to be my size!!!

Good luck to ya, I should be heading up North in the middle of the month (Nov.)
Old 08-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: JD IN ALBERTA

early...if I didn't kill him, he'd grow to be my size!!!
So would that not be considered QGM (Quality Gopher Management)?

Cute little guys you have there JD, (the kids, not the gopher). Nice pictures.Keep'em coming.

Good luck with the new job Hia. I know my wife has always said the first year was the hardest.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

JD
Congrats on the newbourne I'll keep him in my prayers bud,just got my trailcam pics in the other day and am quite surprised to see so many bucks in the 40 acre parcel I'm hunting. This is the same place where I arrowed a 200 plus buck last year and lost after crawling around for 3 days looking for blood with 2 other guys. Let me know what you think. I'll take either one if they come this close. These are 15 yard shots. Sask congrats on your wife pregnancy and best of luck on the birth. Keep us up on the arrival bud.

img]http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/My_Deep_Pics_from_Cam_040.jpg[/img]

Quick Reply: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.