Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Old 01-03-2003, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2003

Hopefully it will self destruct before then. It was politically expedient crap. One of the best arguments against it was on the radio today. Take the case that the gun regristry MAY save 10 or 20 lives a year. The only way it saves lives is gun removal during domestic disputes. Criminals haven't registered their weapons yet. If the same billion dollars was split between the police and health care the money would have saved thousands of lives each year. It was politically expedient to go after gun owners.

Dan O.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2003

I cracked too, I however had no problems getting on line-end of nov. Here's the real kicker i recvd. the reg. cards on Dec. 27 for 10 out of 14 sent in. however i still haven't seen the other 4, just a letter saying it is being processed and due to the large volume a wait of 8-10 weeks maybe possible.

I wasn't going to register, however it was policy renewal time for my house insurance and i asked my agent what the new regs would mean to my insurance if i didn't have all my weapons registered. He found out i would get zip for those unlawful possessions, so I did it for theft or fire reasons, Not b/c i love those flippin LIBS!!!!