Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Old 12-29-2003, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default 2003

I had a pretty great season this year. All tags are full. No monster taken, but I saw them and plan to get them next year. Me and my son were able to kill a 4 pointer together this year to complete my tag. If he wasn't with me we would have seen that deer again next year, but he was so excited I couldn't disappoint him.
I will post pics after they are developed.
He's 3 and as soon as I shot he pulled his knife out of his pocket and said, "You did a great job daddy, now let's skin him."

I love it!
Old 12-29-2003, 07:40 AM

Default RE: 2003

sounds like a smart kid
Old 12-29-2003, 07:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

farmcntry like you, if I get any deer in my sights with one of my twins with me it will be going down (I hope to get a doe). This will be their last year hunting with dad, next year they will be doing the hunting and dad will be the one tagging along, of course dad will have to carry a gun just in case!

Hats off to you for taking your son, memories like that are priceless.
Old 12-29-2003, 07:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

sweeeeet ! Cool that you're taking your 3 year old out. Congrats on a good season. I've yet to be fortunate enough to kill a deer with my son. I can't wait for the day he can experience that. My 2 year old and I have had some great hunts in the living room though. He loves playing deer hunting from the couch.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:14 AM

way to get the kids involved. My son is also 3 and has been scouting with me numerous times this year. Better to have them in the woods than hooked on stuff like playstation
Old 12-29-2003, 08:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Better to have them in the woods than hooked on stuff like playstation
[:@][:@] ackkkkkkkkk I have a 7 year old like that. I've come close to throwing it in the middle of the lake. I had to resort to buying him a deer hunting game for playstation to spark his interest in hunting.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

I took my little one scouting last year a couple of times, even though he was only 2!! He slowed me down a bit and couldn't really walk well without falling, but he had fun and so did I! We will do some fishing this spring and more scouting, and just maybe I'll get him in the deer blind next year a couple of times!!
Old 12-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

formula1,
Great job taking your son with you. These are experiences that he will never forget. At this age, they can even develop a great respect for the animals that we hunt.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

It doesn't get any better than that! I took my 3 1/2 yr old daughter out this year for the first time. On opening day of rifle season we filled our doe tag and she was tickled pink. She told me that i could point the deer out and she would shoot it She helped me load the doe up and helped me clean the deer. She is a Daddy's girl no doubt I also have a 13yr old son who shot his first deer (doe)when he was 11 and you would have thought he killed a boone and crockett buck from the way i was acting. He's had the chance to take several young bucks since but he's been waiting out for a big one and i'm proud of him for that. We owe it to our kids to take them hunting and fishing and letting them enjoy the great outdoors and hopefully they will keep it going by passing it on to their kids.