Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

I think it's odd

Old 05-12-2007, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I think it's odd

Now I've never hunted in Texas on one of those, let's say antler producing ranches, and I guess hunting is hunting, but I don't get the exceitement of harvesting a B&C rack on a deer that looks like it has the body size of a large dog. As far as I'm concerned harvesting a big deer is the way to go. I am a meat hunter first cause you can't eat antlers. If one guy can easily hoist it up into the back of a pick up with out a struggle then the deer was nothing to really talk about. The two man struggling to get the deer in the truck is something to talk about. Now that's harvesting the wild!!!!! I was talking to a good friend from Alabama a couple of days ago and he sent me the pictures of his largest buck (147B&C). It dressed out at 137 lbs. That's a big doe in Manitoba. If it doesn't dress out at over 200 lbs. then you harvested the little brother. I guess it's why they pay the big bucks to hunt up here. It's still only $35 for a licence for me here but the way it is going I'm going to have to start saving for the fall so I can pay for the gas to go up and get my deers this year.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I think it's odd

It's all in the boiler room. The northern deer would freeze to death if they didn't have the large boilers that they have.

Dan O.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I think it's odd

If your lookin for meat or a set of horns, either way the Texas way just aint hunting. If its fenced its just target practice.