Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt >

Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt

Old 01-02-2007, 07:58 PM

Default RE: Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt

what do the Benoits have to do with that ? that they put it on the MAP ??? We talk to Lane and they pass more than they shoot

They shoot bigs bucks not babies...Kenora is just fine as long as the winters stay mild

the locals road hunting in Kenora shoot more small bucks than anyone.

the locals I talk to will not shoot a big one. "I shoot the spikes and forks..they taste better",..those big ole bucks taste terrible. that is what they told me.....

Old 01-02-2007, 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: 4TRACKS

I did enjoy myself on my Kenora hunt .
Met some very nice respectable people .
Very glad I never had the chance to meet YOU DAN in person .
Talked with guides , outfitters and others .
They all seamed nice .
You must be the BLACK SHEEP OF ONTERIO ..!!!!!
Aparently you are blind if you cant see what is going on in your back yard ???
NO I,m not from any of the fine States you puy down .And that you offended.

The Benoits seam to be very poular , I appaligize to you from them . Aparently they are the reason Kenora has no BIG BUCKS left .

Yes I hope your BABYISH tantrum is over .[&o][&o]
Sounds to me your just mad that other sportsmen are gettting your future Bucks !!![8D][8D][8D]

First of all, I'm not Canadian, I'm from WI. Second, you just may have met me in person. Third, its spelled Ontario.[8D]

I'm not mad that you're getting my future bucks. I have areas that no one can access but myself and my group. It makes me mad when real trophy hunters may not get a chance to shoot a big buck because you killed him when he was young. Just to fill your ego. It's pretty much black and white. Someday maybe you will see the error of your ways.

What you say about the Benoits is semi-true. There are big bucks left. Just not where most of the pork and bean hunters, like yourself, are hunting. Hopefully the MNR will do something about the problem in the near future. But I won't be holding my breath. They seem to be more reactive than proactive.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: sc003ro

what do the Benoits have to do with that ? that they put it on the MAP ??? We talk to Lane and they pass more than they shoot

They shoot bigs bucks not babies...Kenora is just fine as long as the winters stay mild

the locals road hunting in Kenora shoot more small bucks than anyone.

the locals I talk to will not shoot a big one. "I shoot the spikes and forks..they taste better",..those big ole bucks taste terrible. that is what they told me.....

They have alot to do with it. They said they had 10 guys in their group last year and the area they were hunting had 47 bucks killed from it. Mostly 1.5-2.5 year olds. Whether it is them personally or they wannabes that follow them, that may be left up to debate. I could tell you other stories, but not here on a public forum.

"They pass more than they shoot." Big deal, I see a ton more than I shoot every year.

"The locals road hunting in Kenora shoot more small bucks than anyone." That may have been true in the past, but not anymore.

Old 01-03-2007, 03:17 AM

I know some people that would love too hang the Benoits and the fool who posted the picture of that big buck that was poached a couple years ago. Nothing like tripling the pressure in your hunting areas(Benoits didnt care,, they only cared about selling books... so they sold out the locals and moved on!) when people travel a long way too hunt,, on the last day theyre standards go way way down!

There is monster bucks killed all over Ontario every year. I have personally seen over a dozen that would be B&Celigible from this past year, even helped drag one of them out for an adjoining landowner.. But no one enters them becauseyou have to give a location too enter them,, smart people!

Personally I passed on 2 that would have been easy kills in the 120-130's this year,, and 1 that was doing mach 4 away from me that was possibly in the 150-160 range. Could have killed the smaller ones no problem at all,, but it is true abuck that eats alot of cedar and is in the rut, doesnt taste all that great. The 150# doe I killed tastes like veal! Ive killed a few bucksin the 130's,, the next buck I kill will be in the 150's for sure,, or I will continue too fill my tag with doe meat.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:45 AM

ORIGINAL: 4TRACKS

I did enjoy myself on my Kenora hunt .
Met some very nice respectable people .
Very glad I never had the chance to meet YOU DAN in person .
Talked with guides , outfitters and others .
They all seamed nice .
You must be the BLACK SHEEP OF ONTERIO ..!!!!!
Aparently you are blind if you cant see what is going on in your back yard ???
NO I,m not from any of the fine States you puy down .And that you offended.

The Benoits seam to be very poular , I appaligize to you from them . Aparently they are the reason Kenora has no BIG BUCKS left .

Yes I hope your BABYISH tantrum is over .[&o][&o]
Sounds to me your just mad that other sportsmen are gettting your future Bucks !!![8D][8D][8D]
hahahaha you know Im only 11 and can spell every state in america when we only have 13 provinces/territores and you can't spell the biggest one(Im talking in population)
Old 01-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

you also spelt MANITOBA wrong,, and there really isnt a shortage of deer around Kenora you just have to think properly and hunt the areas that are overlooked big time,, i live only hours from Kenora and there are big boys there
Old 01-03-2007, 10:43 PM

Sorry I,m not the perfect speller , I was tired and in a hurry , Aparently everyone new what I was talking abought . And I dont use spell check .
Anyways the only issue I had was was the rut in Ontario late ?, short? or ???
I,m sure there are big bucks hanging around in Kenora , its just that the way everyone ,(internet , books , people, locals, etc. ) praise the location there are a ton of deer and the chances of seeing a big buck are very high .
All the time in the bush as you call it hunting I never seen one buck chase a doe .

Old 01-04-2007, 04:31 AM

Your definition of a "ton" of deer is, and what our definition of a "ton" of deer is is probably completely different..

In your state your probably used too seeing 5+ deer a day during gun season? When we refer too seeing a ton of deer this season,, that is literally what it is we are used too seeing 8-12 deer in a season,, which would equal a ton!

If you see 8-12 deer here in a season in Ontario,, you are hunting in a very very good area! Chances are though out of those 8-12 deer 1 will be a very good buck!

Its funny all these guys coming here and being upset about not getting a crack at a wall mounter. I huntregularily with2 other guys. In the past8 or so years,, weve all put one buck on the wall. That means out of the 3 of us, hunting 6+ days with guns every year, and probably 10+ each with bows, one of us may kill a mountable buck every 2-3 years! and Id expect we are hunting on better than average properties!

Old 01-04-2007, 08:03 AM

The rut doesn't start rocking until after the non-res season is closed in the Kenora area, Nov 15.

SwampTHING is both right and wrong. What you call a ton of deer is not the same as what he calls a ton of deer. Though what he sees in a season I see in a day. The last 2 years I saw 80+ different bucks each year. Most of which were small. Then again, I hunt 30+ full days.

Like I said earlier, I have no issue with you hunting there. Its the fact that you filled your ego with a small buck.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:56 AM

ORIGINAL: SwampTHING

Your definition of a "ton" of deer is, and what our definition of a "ton" of deer is is probably completely different..

In your state your probably used too seeing 5+ deer a day during gun season? When we refer too seeing a ton of deer this season,, that is literally what it is we are used too seeing 8-12 deer in a season,, which would equal a ton!

If you see 8-12 deer here in a season in Ontario,, you are hunting in a very very good area! Chances are though out of those 8-12 deer 1 will be a very good buck!

Its funny all these guys coming here and being upset about not getting a crack at a wall mounter. I huntregularily with2 other guys. In the past8 or so years,, weve all put one buck on the wall. That means out of the 3 of us, hunting 6+ days with guns every year, and probably 10+ each with bows, one of us may kill a mountable buck every 2-3 years! and Id expect we are hunting on better than average properties!
Thats so totaly true people need to respect that its bigger here and harder to find deer.

Quick Reply: Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.