Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 hunting near Edmonton Ab? >

hunting near Edmonton Ab?

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

hunting near Edmonton Ab?

Old 10-28-2006, 08:14 PM

Default hunting near Edmonton Ab?

Hey its been a long time since ive been on ive been working alot and moved around a lil since i graded in high school in june but anyways i ended up in edmonton alberta and got a job as a plumber. well anyways i was wondering a few things like are there any good places to hunt near edmonton that can be reached with realitive ease because all i got is a car and cant afford a truck yet and also i was wondering if anybody knew if there is anything special i have to do to change my b.c licence to a alberta one.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: hunting near Edmonton Ab?

There is a really good Alberta based web site "albertaoutdoorsmen.org" where you can make contact with lots of hunters who will help you out.

Right around Edm. is a BOW ZONE most of the year. An area opens up for Shotgun slug and muzzleloader for a time. Like near any major population center you will have to do a lot of door knocking and meeting land owners to get permission to hunt on their land.

When I lived in Edm. I usually went west as far as Wabamun lake or south around Pigeon lake to hunt. Or west to Edson area.

Good luck to ya'

Robin down under
Old 10-30-2006, 08:19 PM

Hey hunter jere, I'm from Pa but this year will be my second time hunting the Edmonton Bow Zone and it's an awesome place to try for a GIANT. I'm sure your more than aware of the potential here but I must say for what it costs for me to hunt in this area it says alot about how I believe my dreams of a buck of a lifetime can come true in this region.
From what I've heard most if not all of the Zone is privately owned farms and ranches which keeps pressure WAY down. Not to mention that there has'nt been any gun hunting in this 1600sq mile area since the mid 70s. Being a non resident I must be guided, but I get access to some premierproperties.
I'll be hunting the week of Nov. 13th-18th and I think this should be prime time. I hear it's been very cold with some snow and the extended forcast calls for this to continue right up to the time of my hunt so conditions should be perfect. All I need is a shot opp and I'll be happy!!! Good luck with getting some permission and drop a biggun!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:42 PM

Hey Bud

Ive got a few places I can let you know about... send me a Private Message. Easily accesable without a doubt.
Hunting bow? Rifle? what..