Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 03-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

great pics Sask & congrats again!! Makes it all good when you see him on the wall. Great turnaround on it too. My cousin got his back last month and it amazes me how people have to wait 3+ years for theirs. I know good things take time and most places are busy, but some guys can do it and the quality is no different. Well done!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

Sask

Man Sask your a luckyguy to have an understanding wife. Sure would wish for my better 1/2 to allow me to hang a head or two,now he can stare at ya from any part of the room.LOL Congrats again my freind,that is a remarkable mounting job.
Rocky
Old 03-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

REALLY nice mount Saskabush. Nice sheds all.

Whaddya guys think this scores (try scoring it without lookin at the comments below the picture)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showp...mp;ppuser=1224

cheers

(BTW Skeeter, www.huntingbc.ca is a good site if your interested in following sheep topics - that and www.wildsheepsociety.org)
Old 03-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Saskabush looks awesome, you made the right choice getting him shoulder mounted. Great deer again and I amhappy Owen did the job to your standards. Never expected anything less but its nice to hearcomments on the finished product to re-firm the referral!

Never went on the planned fishing/yote/shed hunting trip, instead I spent the weekend kickinga bugout of my system.[:'(] So no stories or pictures that I'd care to share from my adventure[&:]
Old 03-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

Finally getting out to the range tonight to sight in the .223. I also bought some of those new Barnes MDX (MRX or whatever they are called) for the 7mm, gonna try them out tonight. Funny story, went to the grand opeining of Wholesale yesterday only to be shunned as per the old days. Shame on me! Anyhow, nice store (like a BPS)joke service as usual[:@]so I went to Russels and bought the new Barnes bullets. Found out when I started loading it was $30 for 20 bulletsWTF! So unless they are all in one hole, I might be sticking with my ballistic tips. Off for sheds & gophers tomorrow so pics to come soon!
Old 03-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

JD,

Re: WS......BIG SUPRISE...round and round here as well.[:'(]

30 bucks sound like a good price for the Barnes MRX prices I have seen are around $40/20.Meaning "good" subjectively of course to the MRX only, they are pricey suckers any way you slice it[&:]. I have had good success with the 140 BT TSX, it shoots sub MOA, great elk/moose choicebut IMO and E deer don't require such a bullet.Now I haven't tried the MRX and have heard some raving reviews but as you mention the price is ...WOW! For deer hard to argue with NBT, my personal favorite - always shoots lights out andnever failed me in the field. That said I am planning on trying some bonded polymers this year for something in hopes of getting an antelope tag. 140 Nosler Accubonds will be my first choice but I also have some 154 Hornady Interbonds sitting on the shelf as well.I have used the 160AB, worked just fine on deer, elk and moose.

FYImake sure you seatBarnes .050" off the lands to start with. I made the mistake of thinking .030" would be better and got pressure spikes early, bumped them to .050" pressure went down and accuracy went up!

Enjoy and best of luck.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Typical Buck

Got back from the range. Played around with the .223 and played around with the new 7mm loads. Pics to follow. Skeeter, when you say "lands" WTF is that? Are those the grooves on the bullet or the rifling in the barrel? The first load was spectacular the other 3 not so great. See for yourself.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Typical Buck

3 shots @ 100 yds

Old 03-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

seated out further but results were worse

Old 03-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

4 shots of my regular bullet/load

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.