Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 02-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Tangozula

Man it's been a while since I have seen you,and your right it would be a shame to lose a store due to the competition,but in the long run it would be better as the prices would be less and they would carry a better selection and more product as they are a big firm. Being a smaller store, they can't give us, the customer, the price that is more viable. But then again that is my opinion.
Rocky
Old 02-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Agreed it sucks loosing business to big box but if they are into service they won't be going anywhere soon (as we all know you can buygoods from thembut if you need to ask questions you are pretty much SOL). In our case here very little choice and the prices are pretty muched fixed, they have to as very few pay more these days.

While the selection and stockwe would hope would bemuch better, the pricesI doubt would bethat different as a whole. When you consider costs of shipping, duty, exchange, etc we'll always be more then the US. If you've been in BPS in TO (albeit a crappy example of what we'd hope to see if this rumor is indeedtrue) the prices are no different then what wesee themajoritylist @ today.

Now if per chance they had crazy prices that may be well and good to begin with but then you'd see the smaller business close their doors b/c they couldn't compete. In turn this would have a negative effect on pricingin the long run(and not in our favor). Either way big box make big return on investments and they will get it, byway of charging market bare and buying in volume for larger profitor swallowing up the competition!

I say anything should be better the NOSALE though.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM
I say anything should be better the NOSALE though.
That's gospel.[8D]
Old 02-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

True dat Skeeter...only bad thing is the staff would all just probably be regurgitated to any named store, and thats why I truly hate Wholesale. Unless Cabelas has a much better program for traiing people and would listen to customer complaints to cut out the crappy salesmen. I was in a Cabelas last year in Utah and the guy helping me wasn't too knowledgable but top notch in service, helped me as well as others without anyone feeling left out. I say good riddance to Wholsale just so I don't have to say the name any more. don't forget, wholesale is a big box store already!
Old 02-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

don't forget, wholesale is a big box store already!
That they are and look how theydo bizbuy at discount sell at market price...makes for a healthy bottomline though!The walmart of outdoor goods, stock is touch and go, prices average and staff paid peanuts. Expect nothing out of an employee who isn't paid to careor a company who knows they have the market by defaultand don't care themselves. Trickle down effect.

My hope is as ours JD, if they do change then hopefully they'll bring a stronger code of business to the mix.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bones Saska, very cool photos to go with it.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:32 PM

So within the past 2 weeks i have had 2 pretty good job offers. A guy in my class manages a bear/fishing lodge in northern sask up by pelican narrows and want me to guide for him this summer. And my best friend from back home who is down in texas right now seismic drilling said he could get me a job drilling in Montana all summer. I have good work at home with seismic although i am not drilling and have my gig at the bees that gives me 20 bucks an hour and i am around to scout deer and elk all summer. I dunno what the heck i am goin to do.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:13 PM
JPF
Fork Horn

Living at home making 20 bucks an hour sounds pretty good, might not be as much money as seismic, but cheaper to live, and the money you would save not drinking your face off on the days off would cancel out the bigger wage. Plus if you work at the bee farm, we can go fishing and you can show me where all the elk hide up there. Don't know how much time I'll be spending up there with my wedding and all the crap that goes with it, but I'll be up there a bit this summer. Guiding would be an awesome job, but I wonder if it make something you love doing, turninto work. Actually... now that I type that, I think thats what your supposed to do, find something you love doing and make that your work..... I'm no help to you[&:], good luck picking you job.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: JPF
Don't know how much time I'll be spending up there with my wedding and all the crap that goes with it, but I'll be up there a bit this summer. .
Gettin married cool. Is it someone you know? Oh and if its loonie bar let us know. Never to far to drive for a loonie bar, i'll bring skeeter as my date.

I am goin to be turning them students into little bushwackers lol. Check out the Safety lesson i made for a grade 7 class.
http://www.brandonu.ca/eduweb/fall06/bloski/webquest.html

Actually jpf i am paid 40 dollars a day for meals and my hotel is paid. Contrary to popular belief we do not get drunked up too bad at all because it is usually just 2 ofus unless your on a big job. Last year of work i was only peed out of shape once and i paid for it the next day. That is one job i cannot do hung over and refuse to drink excessive amounts when i have to go out the next day. Usually i am showered, fed and in bed by 10 otherwise i get b1tchy. In camp jobs its worse, man i was sleeping by 8pm each night while the other guys were playin poker and bs'n in their rooms. Felt kinda bad but i need sleep if i am workin like a yote.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

http://jobview.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=53852209&JobTitle=General+Man ager&co=xbassprox&vw=b&AVSDM=2007-02-15+11%3a49%3a00

Skeeter...check it out!

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.