Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 01-29-2007, 08:29 PM

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Here is a buck my buddy and I were hunting last fall in Sask. I wish I would have gotten a shot!

That droptine is 13".

Old 01-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

Good job Sask!!! I've only been out once and called it quits as the wind was killer.
Dan...he's a pig, nice deer!

On another note my POL was up and challenged the exam to upgrade to a PAL. 100% written & 100% practicalI wish school was that easy back in the daySo it's off to send the paperwork and see how long this is going to take. Hopefully not too long as I'm primed to buy a .223 for gopher season!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

Saska
Right on Sask,great exercise huh!I didn't get, out do to a conference that I forgotthat I gave my time to help out at. Now were getting snow again ,so I'll wait and see how much before I go for walks again to start shedding.Great pics Sask.
Rocky
Old 02-03-2007, 09:05 AM

There was a big kitty cat spotted just south of town the other day, bout 3 miles west of my farm. Lady was driving into work and saw the coug in the field, word got out around town and one of the guys went out there and found the tracks to confirm the 4 legged [8D]cougar. I have seen 2 in my lifetime in that area, the first being only 1 mile west of this sighting and the other one deep in the park. So the critters are definatley around just don't like to be seen too often. They are probably eating well this year with all of the snow.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guy's...anyone know of any hunting stores in Canada that carry Nikon scopes other than SIR? I'm getting desperate[:'(]
Old 02-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

JD
Try Wholesale Sports
Rocky
Old 02-05-2007, 08:08 PM

ORIGINAL: youngfart
Try Wholesale Sports
Ya that would be one option, but everytime i come out of that place i swear i watched the movie dumb and dumber in real life. I hardly darken the door at that place anymore. Check out Russell sports in cowtown, i do a bit of shopping there when i am in town. You also might get back to your ebay shopping for some possibilities. I haven't realy used ebay b4 but i rememeber you saying you have shopped there b4 so keep an eye out. Good luck. I have a 4-12 bushnell banner on my .17hmr i'll sell ya cheap.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hiawatha

ORIGINAL: youngfart
Try Wholesale Sports
Ya that would be one option, but everytime i come out of that place i swear i watched the movie dumb and dumber in real life. I hardly darken the door at that place anymore. Check out Russell sports in cowtown, i do a bit of shopping there when i am in town. You also might get back to your ebay shopping for some possibilities. I haven't realy used ebay b4 but i rememeber you saying you have shopped there b4 so keep an eye out. Good luck. I have a 4-12 bushnell banner on my .17hmr i'll sell ya cheap.
FYI, Russell Sports and Wholesale Sports are one in the same. Wholesale bought out Russell last year.Darreld told me (former Dikon owner who sold out to WS here and still works with them) that Russells loaction will be no more once they open a new WS location in Cowtown. they just opened their new store here a couple weeks ago, haven't been in the place though but here it looks like a mini Bass Pro Shop, etc. They are apparently doing the same design chain wide.

JD, I have seen some Nikon Prostaff's and Monarchs in this shop here in s'toon.There website:www.northprosports.com

You may also try Bassproshop in Toronto. WhenI was there last they had a full line of Nikon Scopes.

Another to try would be ebay.ca. (I have bought optics from ebay and never had a problem. Though you must be price aware and get ship to costs prior to bidding - some are nothing short of robbery what they charge to ship north of the 49th).

BTW why not SIR?? I have had very good dealings with them personally, though not always the cheapest.

Hia, seen a lot of 2 legged cougars in SaskatchewanHadthe4 legged variety at the in laws farm a couple years back, but all we could find wastracks no putty cats.
I call it NO SALE, not because of price but they rarily have what you want in stock and when you ask one of the gifted fellas behind the counter they all look at you like you have 3 heads!! IMO among the worst in CS...I hate having to give them money[:@]!

This year sucks rocks here, if the snow wasn't enough of a problem. We arenow facing bitterly cold windchills.Big damper on looking for bone
Old 02-05-2007, 09:14 PM

Hmm that russell bit is interesting info, did not know that. Last time i was in wholesale which was over the Christmas break one of the guys was telling me Cabelas is possibly opening a store in the Calgary or Edmonton area. Any of you guys hear anything about such a rumor? They had morrell yellow jacket targets for 80 some dollars in wholesale and i asked the youngin behind the bow counter why they were so expensive. He told me if i could find it cheaper someplace else then get goin there. I took his adivce, 40 dollars american at Cabelas.

Ya its colder than a mother inlaws heart out there. Dad said he saw a buck take a pi$$ in the yard this morning and it came out in cubes.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

Dan
Cabela's will be opening in the spring in Cow Town. Skeeter, I tried ordering and even to get an email reply from them in Toronto was a no no.I tried their office in the states and they saidI would have to get that fixed with the Canadian Owners. So they lost that order from me.[:@]We got 4 inches of the white stuff yesterday and I was just looking at the weather networt and their calling for colder temps by the weekend again. Guess I can wait till a little melting before heading out for sheds. They'd be bariedwith the snow we got yesterday.
Rocky

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.