Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 12-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

very nice buck Sprockett! Way to go
Old 12-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wait to go sprockett, nice buck and way to cap off the season.

Like the picture of the snow covered lake...who said you need mountains to have beauty.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

In the news, front page of the S'toon Star and all over the news is the Sasquatch sighting in Northern Saskatchewan this week. There is a picture of the track in the paper but it is very poor quality. What would the suggested gun befor chasing down such primates!!!Is placing a box of tim horton donuts on the hansen lake road considered "baiting"?

A woman from northern Saskatchewan says she saw the legendary sasquatch, and it left behind evidence described by an expert as "the find of the century."
Shaylane Beatty thought she saw a bear by the side of the road on her drive to Prince Albert on Saturday. But as she drove closer, the animal was walking on two legs.
"I've heard the stories before and I didn't believe them. Then I saw the sasquatch," Beatty said.
Driving from Deschambault Lake to do some Christmas shopping on a bright afternoon, the 20-year-old noticed the creature walking along the forest's edge near Torch Lake. It stopped by the side of the road and turned to look at Beatty as she drove by.
About 21/2 metres tall and muscular, with long, floppy arms attached to broad shoulders and covered in dark brown hair, the creature isn't like anything Beatty's seen before, she said.
The shock of seeing such an enormous beast caused a momentary lapse in concentration. Her car swerved and nearly hit the ditch.
"My heart was beating real fast. I was getting dizzy and was short of breath. I kept repeating, 'I can't believe I'm seeing this.' So I pulled over and called my aunt," Beatty said.
Returning to the area the next day, Beatty and her two uncles found in deep snow hundreds of footprints measuring 50 centimetres in length, she said.
"My uncles were struggling to walk through the same snow the sasquatch just breezed through," Beatty said.
Even by jumping, the two men couldn't match the creature's stride, she added.
The tracks were followed until the evening, when darkness prevented further investigation.
"What Shaylane saw is definitely some sort of primate," said Tom Biscardi, who's been hunting sasquatches for 33 years and runs www.searchingforbigfoot.com, where photos of the footprints can be viewed.
The footprints are impressive evidence of the creature's northern wanderings, he added, calling them "the find of the century."
"This particular Bigfoot has found solace in that area. There's probably a cave somewhere that the creature sleeps in," Biscardi said.
Beatty's uncles sent Biscardi, who said he's encountered a sasquatch six times, a hair sample for analysis.
Jeff Meldrum, a professor of anatomy at Idaho State University and author of Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science, said three sasquatch sightings have been recorded in Saskatchewan.
"As long as there's forest cover and an area is sparsely populated, there is space to harbour any number of creatures," Meldrum said.
After viewing pictures taken by Beatty's uncles, Meldrum said the length of the footprints are in the range of others already found in North America, but the lack of detail leaves unanswered questions about their validity.
"Given the quality of the photographs, it's impossible to render any meaningful analysis," he said.
But the combination of a personal sighting and physical evidence is intriguing, and if samples of scat or urine are found along the trail of footprints, that would be compelling evidence, Meldrum said.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Anything that shoots a bullet!!! or arrow for that matter.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:37 PM

375 h&h, hey he might have teeth
Old 12-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

The farm I mainly hunt closed today
I'm off to Kingston to hunt a friends back yard this weekend, after that I'm getting desperate in Sunderland for a x-mas buck.
2 more weekendsto get a deer with my bow, its not much time but I'm confident, the deer are there, I just have to do my part (and get lucky).

Worse comes to worse I'll trade some caribou sausage to friends for deer sausage.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

Just Back From Wainright Base Hunt

Well alberta guys the CWD is getting closer to the middle of the province as of 2 weeks ago according to the bioligist at the base who tested a doe for CWD in a place 30 kms out of Wainright that starts with an A. Sorry I don't remember the name of the town. I shot a few mulie does for meat and my partner took one too, thinking it was a doe ,but ended up being a button buck. LOL. Meat is meat huh! We got a blizzard on Friday after we passed up a few deer and then Saturday we got snowed out. Never have they had a draw end up getting canceled due to snow. A guy found a shot elk 8x8 that was eaten and scored 387 rough score from the early season. We ended up seeing 30 head of elk nobulls and about 16 moose and some monster bulls. Tons of mulies does and that was it for a day and a 1/2 hunting. At least we got our meat. We had to surrender the heads for testing of CWD too.Sure saw a ton of game for the time we were out and about though. I'll definately go back in 3 years again. Skeeter I heard this snow we got came in fromnorthern Saskatchewan. You can have it back and get Hia to help you shovel it out k! LMAO
Hey Early get that deer posted bud.
Rocky
Old 12-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

YF, I was looking in the coffee room here at work and according to the map the F&W guys have up on the wall there was a positve test near Edgerton (SW of wainwright) so I guess the rumours are true. It's too bad, the inevetable outcome will be tonuke all the deer in wainwright.

Post hunting season depression officially hit today. The mulie doe and cow elk season ended last night. I've heard rumours of antlers on the ground already so maybe it will be worth going for some hikes after the holidays.

Merry Christmas guys, and happy New Year

Old 12-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

YF the only way that snow came from me was via snowblower and a hard SE wind! We got gobs of it here. I had to shovel out the back gate to get to the big green container last night as some doof plowed the back alley which left a 2ft ridge[:@]! Sounds like you had a decent end to the 2006 season, congrats.

Bad news about the CWD test positive though! Like Sb points out that will surely bring anon slaught onto the area for which it was found in...just ask the makota hills and Sask landing folk here. Hopefully not but be prepared.

Well as of sunday the deer at my ml spot are still wearing, I was removing my box blinds via skud (skidoo) and saw some bucks. The scrapes are fresh and more rubs in the areas I did a quick once over. Included wasmy fella following a young doe. I tried to snap a picbut my Digi SUCKS so it looks like 2 blobs!!!Thinking it is time to give mine to my daughter and move into something with a larger optical zoom and image stabilizer. Can't deceide which one, was thinking DSLR as I have an SLR already but weight/bulk, etc will mean even less likely to tote it. So now I am between the Sony H2 or H5 &Canon IS3all have 12x optical zooms/image stabilizer, etc. H2 has the inside track as I can get it for 369.99, but we'll see what boxing day sales may bring!

Same to you SB and the rest of canuck thread followers!
Be safe in travel and play!!

PS To the frozen pond guys make sure to test the ice if you plan on going onto it, heard of 9 skidoos going through la ronge already and few trucks that took a dip. In our province with all the snow that fell it means flood water and poor ice on protected lakes so use caution!
Old 12-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Ice conditions are pretty poor on some lakes up here as well. Part of my job involves setting up "Thin Ice" signs on the aerated lakes in this region. I just about went for a swim on Swan lake (near valleyview)the other day. Most if not all of the lakes we deal with have some flood water or iced over flood water. Be careful if any of you head out.

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.