Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 08-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

ill be hunting in ontario this year in WMU 36 if that means anything its near sault ste marie

Old 08-25-2006, 02:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fella's...looking GOOD! Must admit this year in terms of whitetails I am lagging a bit, being drawn for a mulie tag I have invested more time to scouting in my draw zone. My hope is to get one of a couple mule deer I am watching prior to the end of ML season (oct).I am also eagerly looking forward to sept 18th which is our rifle elk season, was and still holding some hope of getting out for attempts with the pointy sticks for both elk and mulie's.So not much to show in prep for 06' whitetails, well at this point at least!

A couple of set up's I will be using in 06' for whitetails and the ML.

#1 - Box blind (dig that camo pattern!!!)

Old 08-25-2006, 02:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

#2 overlooking a meadow transition area that leads from bedding(N) to feeding.

Sorry but all I have on this computer at the moment. I'll add as the season goes on!

Best of luck to all!!!

Old 08-26-2006, 03:12 AM
Typical Buck

Skeeter, is #2 looking out your shooting window from inside the box in #1? Nice view!!

Robin down under
Old 08-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Duffy, no they are 2 blinds (3.5 miles for #2) or spots I hunt in the same ML area. #1 is a bottleneck/meadow, that leads the deer from 3 different bedding areas to the surrounding sources. It is one of those spots that the wind needs to be dead right. Although not a great picture of the view (persay) here is a picI snapped last Nov., rubline is in SW corner of the bottleneck 100 yards from my box blind.

These are both goodspots.ThoughI have few honey holes that I can't find pictures of for the life of me[:@]. Elk camp and mycabin for example. The cabin is my whitetail haven but with other species, family, etc getting out as much as I would like has been a problem so i have searched for closer places toscratch my itch.

PS I think this is a cool adlib to the post, nice to keep in touch and see some different scenery/setups...good ider'!

Old 08-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

I sure like sitting at a location where I can see a good rub or two and or a scrape. You KNOW that a buck has been there and I can daydream and visualize him walking along sniffing the air and looking over his shoulder and approaching the scrape or rub. It makes it easier for me to remain on stand with confidence for longer periods of time. Nothing like daydreaming away and all of a sudden there is a real buck walking down the trail to bring you back to reality with a bang.
One second there is nothing there and then there he is.

This buck has a couple or three years to grow up. He was going to run off when he first saw me sitting in his living room but I did a few grunt calls and he got way more curious than frightened and hung around.

Have a good season all!

Robin down under
Old 08-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very cool pic Duffy, he knows something's up.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Hey all,
From everyones pictures, I think us Canadians are going to have a great year.

I am off this upcoming Thursday to a hike in camp in Midwestern BC for a draw me and three buddies all got for mt Goat. The area hasnt been hunted in 6 years (guide outfitter of the area doesnt takes his clientel in) so I think it will be good. TOns of mulies and moose in the area as well as an odd California Big Horn. I am hoping to tag my goat, and a 160+ mulie while im up there. Will post pics of the trip asap when I get back.

Good luck to those with opening seasons in the next couple weeks!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

Here's where I'll be come bow season

Old 08-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

same place looking the other way

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.