MNR,Deer - Car  report on the news >

MNR,Deer - Car report on the news

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

MNR,Deer - Car report on the news

Old 11-03-2002, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default MNR,Deer - Car report on the news

While at work in Bancroft ,one night this past week I was watching the "New VR News " and there was a report on recent accidents with Cars and Deer in the Bracebridge area and southern Ont. The reporter is interviewing a "MNR CO " from there and the first thing out of this Dumby mouth is" It is because of the Deer hunters that are walking the Woods and are driving them out on the roads" WHAT! What kind of BULL S*** is that! There is not even a deer season open other then "Bow Hunting" at the time of the report ! 2nd , There is not enough bowhunters to cause this problem around there or anywhere matter of fact!, and 99% of Bowhunters, hunt from tree stands. Lets throw another Canary to the Cat! for the Anti's , Being that we pay for this guys wages from hunting licences this Dick needs his rear end fired for that ! So Is the "MNR" for Hunters or the anti's ??? my question for the last few years. I would like to get a copy of this report and or get the name of the CO that did it...BT

Old 11-03-2002, 03:51 PM

Default RE: MNR,Deer - Car report on the news

That's not quite accurate. In the US all revenue generated from the sale of hunting/fishing licence goes directly to that state's DNR. In Canada which copies Bristish government, all revenue, including the sale of hunting/fishing licence's, go into generall coifers, the money is then allocated by the province. You are accurate in your assessment of the CO/NRO though.

Tikka Hunter
Old 11-05-2002, 05:44 AM

So I guess there's a bunch of poachers where I live. A poor guy trashed his BMW last week near my place after hitting a real nice 6 point. We live in a closed area for hunting deer.

What a jerk that CO is. Like the anti's need the help.

Old 11-05-2002, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tikka 300; unless the Ontario government has changed the way it's doing things, the monies from outdoor cards and tags goes only to the MNR. That was one of the selling points when the outdoors cards came into existence. They even went so far as to say that you could buy an outdoors card without tags to support wildlife projects.

Of course the government may have quietly changed things but that's what was supposed to happen.

Dan O.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:51 PM

Dan O.
We are both right. Here in Manitoba we are not required to purchase outdoor cards (Ontario) or habitat stamps (Saskatchewan), just the appropriate hunting licence or tag. The monies raised in all provinces from the sale of hunting tags goes into general revenue, the sale of habitat stamps or outdoor cards does go directly into habitat or wildlife programs. Either way it would be nice if all monies raised in hunting, fishing, or trapping would go back into habitat and other wildlife programs. Maybe then outdoor men & women would receive some of the credit they deserve as far as putting their money where their mouth is, unlike PETA or SPCA who put relatively no money into habitat but into expensive ad campaigns against hunting or fishing or trapping. Don't forget that PETA, SPCA receive monies from government.

Tikka Hunter

Edited by - tikka 300 on 11/05/2002 21:54:03