Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Very sad news to report. . . >

Very sad news to report. . .

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Very sad news to report. . .

Old 12-10-2003, 05:54 PM

Default Very sad news to report. . .

Jim Doyle, AKA J Doyle, passed away this evening at six o'clock. Ethyl and Jim's family are the ones who need our prayers now. May Jim rest in peace and walk with God in heaven. --Ike
Old 12-10-2003, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Very sad news to report. . .

Very sad news indeed>>>--------->Our sympathy and prayers are extended out to Ethel, and Jims' family and friends in their great loss. Jim, aka "the candyman" did a tremendous amount for the youth in archery. He loved working with kids. He always had something to say to cheer people up. He will be missed by many, many, many !!! To this day I carry a phony million dollar bill I won from Jim in a shooting match, and everytime I show it to someone I think of Jim. We have had more darn laughs over that phony bill, which is the way Jim would have wanted it to be !!!
Old 12-10-2003, 07:20 PM

That is very sad news indeed . I meet Jim at Snowshoe a couple of years ago and have seen him at a couple of shoots since then .
He was a heck of a nice guy and I'm sure will be missed by everyone in the archery community that knew him .
Scott Zumbro
Old 12-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is truely the saddest day in archey.

Jim was a true gentleman in every sense of the word.

He never had a bad thing to say about anybody and help a lot of people myself included.

I only met Jim once but we exchanged emails on a regular basis.

My prayers are with Ethyl and Jims family.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Fork Horn

he will be missed by us all. Jim was a great man and always had something good to say!! I known JD for about 20 years, my grandpa used to shoot with him until he pass away in 88. Maybe they can shoot again (GOD BLESS)
Old 12-10-2003, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's hard for me to type through tears, so please forgive any typo's.

I'm really at a loss for words right now but, I would certainly like to send my prayers to Ethyl and family.

This man was so much to archery it wasn't funny...Always willing to lend a hand to kids or share his knowledge with anyone...I can just picture ole Jimmy sitting around telling his wise cracks and jokes as he always did... Never a dull moment...I sure will miss him at the shoots, for sure...

God Bless Jimmy Doyle...

Ike, If you can, please e-mail me the funeral arrangements when you find out.

Regards, Pat
Old 12-11-2003, 07:11 AM

BTS....you said it all.....We got the call last night at the shop (JJT Outdoor Sports), it was devistating news. We just lost Ryan Penvose 2 weeks ago and now Jimmy......both will be missed so much.

They're shooting x's in heaven now. I be that's one heck of a 3D course!!!!

Rest peacefully my friend!!!

Jim Turchek
aka maco12
Old 12-11-2003, 09:59 AM

This is a sad time for all the IBO. When a member leaves us it is indeed sad, but when a well know member who was one of the people that we looked forward to seeing and talking with at each shoot we feel very sad. Jim always left you with a smile and a good feeling and I'm sure that is what he would like to be best known for. As we try to overcome our feelings of loss, we shall always have our memories of a man who made archery an outstanding expierence.

God Bless Jim Doyle.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:22 AM

THIS IS TRULY THE SADDEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD IN A LONG WHILE. JIM WAS A GREAT GUY WHO ALWAYS HAD SEVERAL PEOPLE AROUND HIM TALKING, TELLING JOKES AND STORIES. I TOO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE ARRANGMENTS IKE IF YOU COULD SEND THEM TO ME. MY PRAYERS TO EHTYL AND THE REST OF THE DOYLE FAMILY IN THIS TIME OF SADNESS.

I TRIED TO UPLOAD A PICTURE JIM SENT TO ME IN AN E-MAIL AROUND THE FIRST OF NOVEMBER BUT COULDN'T GET IT TO WORK. SO, I WILL JUST LEAVE A QUOTE FROM JIM THAT HOLDS A TON OF VALUE AND MEMORIES FOR ME:

"IT IS A LOT EASIER TO BEG FOR FORGIVENESS, THAN IT IS TO ASK PERMISSION"-----JIM DOYLE, JULY 2003--IN THE POURING RAIN AT NELSONVILLE

GOOD BYE OLD FRIEND! BUTCHB
Old 12-11-2003, 03:21 PM

I will post the funeral arrangements as soon as I become aware of them. I appreciate everyone's warm memories. The memories make it hard to think about Jim's death, but they all make me smile. I experienced everything each of you mentioned on a regular basis. I will miss him. To me, Jim was family. . . . . . . God bless him. --Ike

Quick Reply: Very sad news to report. . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.