Saskatchewan Whitetail hunt...

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Saskatchewan Whitetail hunt...

Old 06-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default Saskatchewan Whitetail hunt...

Hi,

I've heard some great things about hunting whitetail deer in Sask. One of the best things I've heard is that the use of an outfitter is not required for Canadian non-residents and that are great opportunities to find a quality area to hunt.

Is this true? What course of action would you recommend I take now to start looking into lining up a hunt for fall '08?

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,
Old 06-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Saskatchewan Whitetail hunt...

True, no guide required for canadian residents to hunt whitetails in sask. All areas of this province have good deer hunting and potential for a big bucks. In the farmlands you'll be regulated to 1 week you can hunt (usually last week of november). In the forest regions the season is all of november in the areas which hold good populations of whitetails.

Where to start take a look at the serm website and WMZ's for info of season, zones, costs http://www.se.gov.sk.ca/fishwild/huntingguide/. Finding(in the central/southern zones)farmland/private lands can be tough but if willing to ask you should be able to gain some permission, just plan a few extra days prior to the hunt to scout and gain access. In most areas we have some public lands as well such as: PFRA Pastures, Wildlife lands, etc.A call to the SERM office should get you info for certain areas you may be considering. Of course the forest areas (zones) is public lands but you must consider additional items such as an atv, etc for transportation or getting game out.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:13 AM
Typical Buck

mustad
Do you hunt with a bow or a muzzleloader as well as a rifle? There are additional seasons for these "primative weapons". There is some great bird hunting in Sask. too.

Robin down under
Old 06-26-2006, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yes, I hunt with a bow, centerfire rifle and black powder. I also just bought a new puppy (Pudelpointer), so next year I should be in decent shape for some good bird hunting.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...2/DSC00253.jpg

Cheers,

Dan