Saskatchewan 2006 Regs are up >

Saskatchewan 2006 Regs are up

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Saskatchewan 2006 Regs are up

Old 04-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Saskatchewan 2006 Regs are up

FYI, Serm has the sask. 2006 hunting & trapping guide now online. Big game draw is supposed be available some time this week, as well. Not a lot of changes from my brief overview, except looks like reg. rifle seasons are week later than last year. A few new southern zone opportunitiesfor elk and moose via draw. Once again a cull on Mulie Anterless in many zones. Bad news the crappy tag system is around for another year!!!!!!!!!!![]

Have funplanning for the fall andgood luck in the draw, if applying!
Old 04-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Saskatchewan 2006 Regs are up

Thanks for the heads up! This will be my first year applying for the draw. I'll have to go over the details with a couple hunting buddies tomorrow since I have no idea where to hunt for anything but whitetails. [&:] Would be awesome to expand my hunting experiences though.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mistahmojoryan

Thanks for the heads up! This will be my first year applying for the draw. I'll have to go over the details with a couple hunting buddies tomorrow since I have no idea where to hunt for anything but whitetails. [&:] Would be awesome to expand my hunting experiences though.
No prob, looks like the online apps won't be up till next week for the draw. Being your first year you'll get A pool status for species you apply for. Depending on alloaction, zone preference, species and sheer luck you may or may not be successful for 2006. However that willmove you to super poolA(top tier)for 07' where your chances are higher. You retain the super A status until you get drawn or you stop applying. My recommendation is apply for anything that may interest you(now or future). Byselecting zone 99 it will not put you in thats years draw for allocated tags but maintain or gain you pool status. This way when you want to go you have higher odds at obtaining a tag. If your wanting to hunt as group you can apply on one app., this ensures all or nothing for draw tags and saves you a few bucks in app. fees. However the application is filed in the lowest pool standing of the individuals applying. Meaning 4 guys apply 3 are A and 1 is C, the app. is considered a C Pool for allocation(lower odds). If 99ing everybody gains/maintains individual status for the following year. Basically apply for everything just select 99 as zone preference and better odds at getting a tag when you want to go. Also make sure you have the correct Health Number, persons name as on the health card and mailing infofor each member/app. - a screw up can result in the entire app being tossed and may include loss of pool status -the app. fee still applies.Review before you click sumbit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:46 PM

Do we know when they are putting up the CWD zone boundries?? I read through it, I must have missed where it said if they are boundering the zones. And thanks Skeeter for posting that it is online...I was waiting for it.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM No prob, looks like the online apps won't be up till next week for the draw. Being your first year you'll get A pool status for species you apply for. Depending on alloaction, zone preference, species and sheer luck you may or may not be successful for 2006. However that willmove you to super poolA(top tier)for 07' where your chances are higher. You retain the super A status until you get drawn or you stop applying. My recommendation is apply for anything that may interest you(now or future). Byselecting zone 99 it will not put you in thats years draw for allocated tags but maintain or gain you pool status. This way when you want to go you have higher odds at obtaining a tag. If your wanting to hunt as group you can apply on one app., this ensures all or nothing for draw tags and saves you a few bucks in app. fees. However the application is filed in the lowest pool standing of the individuals applying. Meaning 4 guys apply 3 are A and 1 is C, the app. is considered a C Pool for allocation(lower odds). If 99ing everybody gains/maintains individual status for the following year. Basically apply for everything just select 99 as zone preference and better odds at getting a tag when you want to go. Also make sure you have the correct Health Number, persons name as on the health card and mailing infofor each member/app. - a screw up can result in the entire app being tossed and may include loss of pool status -the app. fee still applies.Review before you click sumbit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck.
Best of luck to you as well and thanks for the informative post!

Good to know about the Zone 99 option. I have a few acquaintances that can give me some direction but I don't have any close contacts I can rely on when hunting season comes around. Time to get off my butt and start networking!
Old 04-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

barett, All I see in 2006 guideis info(dates, permits, HRA boundries, etc)about herd reduction efforts (cwd) will be available by Sept. 1 from field offices or on the website. (page 9 - far right - green highlighted section on the pdf file)

Thanks mistahmojoryan. I am hoping for a tag for antelope and mulie's.