cross border shopping >

cross border shopping

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

cross border shopping

Old 03-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: cross border shopping

I think you are missing the point. It is illeagle for you to be in possesion of gun parts or attempt to export them from the US. It has nothing to do with what you can claim comming into Canada. If you get stopped on the US side you could be in trouble. Canada customs doesn't care about bringing in gun parts as long as you declare them and pay the tax or deduct them from you exemption (the $750) What you have to ask your self is What are the odds of getting stopped states side? Is it worth the risk?
Old 03-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have pentax nocs and been pleased. I have some of the porro prism PWF models (0x50 & 12 x50's)which are decent but ride on the dashboard of the truck mostly or sit at the cabin for peeringontothe lake. Way to heavy and bulky for field glass and not low light performers.

However I also have a set of Pentax DCF SP's roof's and they are wonderful. Fully waterproof, good eye relief, decent size but not super light (24-25oz- butI suggest getting bino buddies anyway for toting that way no strain and their where you want them to be - best 20 dollar I spent), clear, crispand very good low light performance. They compare very favorably to my eyes to those costing more. They aren't real cheap though - 600 US.These are my field glasses forgun hunting. Forcompacts I cheaped out and bought some 9x26 Bushnell Legendswith some birthday money...they are waterproof, light, compact and decent but obviously don't compare well with the fore mentionedpentax's. In all honest worst birthday present I ever boughtas the wife enjoys them more for plays and such...shecomments how well they fit in her "handbags"....my spotting scope would fit nicely inher handbags!!!! LOL

I have heard some good stuff about the NikonMonarch ATB's but never really compared them so no useful input I can give you, sorry. Browning never even looked at them.

The Zeiss Conquest line seem pretty comparable to the DCF SP's Imentioned both in performance and price. We both like the scope maybe a matching set...?

You know what you like, need and importantly want to shell out best is compare side by side. Also you might try posting in the review section, to get a wide feedback or doing a search usually a post or two always running on binos.

Good Luck
Old 03-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Skeeter, I'll definately give the Pentax a boo when I'm down there. I'm trying to narrow down the choices so I have a good idea when I get down there. I made the mistake of looking at the Conquests AFTER I looked at the Zeiss Victory's. I didn't like the way they fit my eyes, I have a pair of Burris that are similar, so I'm looking for something more comfortable. The Brownings got the nod in a test at Field & Stream or Outdoor life . I like the Monarchs for weight and looks but no one carries them here so I have yet to look at them. Looks like I'll have fun staring through a bunch at Bass pro shops & Cabelasawwww!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Guns, parts, reloading supplies, and many other forms of weapons WILL get you in big trouble in the US if you are not a citizen. Many of the items illegal to possess will not be questioned by seller because the violation is in possession not sale. ATF has published laws on specifics and the potential problems if you are caughtare huge.