Info on sheep in BC... >

Info on sheep in BC...

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Info on sheep in BC...

Old 12-28-2005, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Info on sheep in BC...

Hey guys, I know some of you here, especially hemi, are sheep-addicted, so I wanted to know if any ofyou know where in BC as a resident I could look for stone sheep.

I would be willing to drive anywhere, and scout a lot, so if any ofyou have any information at all I would be very grateful.

Respond here, or if you have any info or websites, etc you can send to [email protected]

Thanks again guys!
Old 01-02-2006, 06:33 PM

Default RE: Info on sheep in BC...

Agaucher, You got mail. If interested or would like more info,email me back at [email protected]

Old 01-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry matt,
Not looking for a guided hunt, nor a california/rocky mountain big horn. Looking for the think horn variety
Old 01-08-2006, 09:50 PM

According to the REGS Region 7A, in particular 7-37,7-39 to 41 and that puts you in the Williston Lake area. As for 7B - 7-36,7-42, 7-43 which is the same general area as Williston just East and the final area is a bit North. The areas in Region 6 are west of this area and north west (Deas Lake and Telegraph Creek. Thats a long way to go scouting, not to mention where you have to go to find them.

As for obtaining info on where to go I would contactyour local gun club and failing that I would contact some of the C.O's in the areas you want to go. They are probably the best source of information.

I thought you were looking into Any Bull moose and elk areas?

You will find that thin horns are openthe same time as any bull in parts of Region 7B for at least part of the season anyway. Same with Elk.

If only I had more time I too would go further north. I have no interest in goats or sheep at this point but love to hunt moose.
Cheers

Old 01-09-2006, 12:01 PM

I live in 7-30. Williston lake is 10 misn from my house but no sheep around here till like you said around 7-36 not too far from me.