Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 ML Supplies - Winnipeg >

ML Supplies - Winnipeg

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

ML Supplies - Winnipeg

Old 08-18-2005, 05:29 PM

Default ML Supplies - Winnipeg

Hadn't noticed there was a Canadian section before - new to ML and have been posting questions on the BP forum. Any of you shooters from Winnnipeg - would be interested in where you pick up your supplies? Trying to find where I can get the best bang for my buck.

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ML Supplies - Winnipeg

Randy, welcome to the Canadian side. Best bang for your buck WELL.....Two of the most popular outdoor store are S.I.R. and Wholesale sports. Make sure to compare prices before buying especially if its a expensive item. The prices of goods have been coming down because of the strong Canadian dollar but I really like to do my shopping at Cabela’s in East Grand Forks. It’s just a 2 hour drive and if you know your prices you can save quite a bit. You can also check with Canadian Tires for ammo and hunting gear. That’s pretty well it.. Maybe someone else can add something that I might have forgotten.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:57 PM

Thanks for the reply - actually I bought most of my accessories at SIR but usually they are a bit pricey on most stuff. See my post "Expert advice" on the BP forum where I talk about picking up TC anti sieze lubricant. I picked it up from Wholesale Sports. If you shoot an inline with breech plug, what do you use as grease? Do you have to pay any duty or taxes on the stuff from Cabela's?
Old 08-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry I can’t help you on ML. I’ve never done it but I will add on the part about Cabela’s.. I’ve gone to that store maybe a dozen times in 2 years. I would suggest to go on line and order one of there catalog first so that you can compare prices to what you can get in Winnipeg. Here’s there link.. www.cabelas.com Or you can just check from there web page.

You don’t have to pay duty if the items are made in the states. Just make sure to keep your receipts and when it’s time to come back, declare what you’ve purchased. They’ll convert it to Canadian dollars and you have to pay GST & PST. You might have to pay duty on clothing, this i’m not sure but for reloading stuff and that includes ML, it’s only the taxes. When you compare prices make sure to do the conversion to Canadian bucks.

Like I said , I’ll usually leave early Saturday morning and I’m be back by early afternoon. The saving could be really good so check it out. It’s a 4 hour round trip, no different the going to Brandon and back.

I forgot to mention that I use my wife's car it’s really good on gas so that might be something to consider when comparing prices. Good luck...
Old 08-18-2005, 07:58 PM

I'll chcek out Cabela's - thanks for the info ontaxes, etc.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try Silver Hieghts Archery at Mount Royal and Portage, they sell a line of ML also but I can`t remember which one.

Ron
Old 08-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

That’s interesting, I’ve bought archery equipment for years at Heights and now they sell ML. I haven’t been there in quite a while. I guess I’ll have to go and see what’s new.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:12 PM

randyh, just a further thought on Cabelas - since you guys are fairly close to their Grand Forks location, you should probably drive and pick up what you want. If you order online - like I have on several occasions - you'll get stuck with customs brokerage fees. Plus, depending on the time of year, they can be kinda slow shipping things out. I've learned that I'm better off driving to their Dundee, MI location and returning to Windsor, ON than buying from them online.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

What about Russels ? Do they still exist ?
Old 08-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Terry, As far as I know we never had a Russels in Winnipeg but there is a Russels Sports. They are located in Calgary. This is the web site if you’re interested. www.russellsports.com I ordered there catalogue online

Quick Reply: ML Supplies - Winnipeg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.