Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Canada in the Rough >

Canada in the Rough

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Canada in the Rough

Old 08-25-2005, 07:54 AM

Default RE: Canada in the Rough

There is indeed a compound bow hunt for moose coming up....

As for the times...if you check out our webpage at www.canadaintherough.com you will find that there are new air times starting as of September.

If you are in our area and able to attend the Vaughan Mills Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World during their 2005 Hunting Classic...you will find us on hand doing seminars and addressing any questions and/or concerns.

We do have the complete set of DVD's being prepped for release along with a 2hr "Best Of" video. There is even a hunt included that was aired only in the U.S.A.!!

Yours in the outdoors.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have yet to see it as I'm either sleeping or long gone doing ( hunting or fishing ) what the show is about. If they ever get a better time slot I'm sure I would enjoy it.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:50 PM

So what would make you happy here? I am not following. It's both too early (as you are sleeping) AND too late (as you are already gone).

Help us out here.

New times are starting in September.

Chris
Old 08-25-2005, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Help us out here.
My point is at 7.00 am in the morning not too many people are watching television, are you ? I'm either sleeping in because its Sunday morning or I am off on a hunting or fishing trip and would have likely left before sun up ( sportsmen are funny that way ). If that show was aired in the evening, any night of the week your audience would likely jump 1000% !
Old 08-25-2005, 09:35 PM

Chris,
How about some hunts in the Atlantic Canada? Maybe some deer or mooose hunting in NB or maybe some caribou in NF? Even waterfowl in NS or PEI would be great.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:16 PM

I've seen it a couple of times and as someone just getting into hunting I really enjoy it. I have the same beef about the time though...where I live it's on at 7:30 am and I usually only catch the last 15 mins. I'm thinking of just taping it so I can watch it later. I think a better time would be sometime in the evening on a weekday, or a little later in the morning on a weekend (around 10ish)
Old 08-26-2005, 08:54 AM

Guys....as it stands now...it's impossible to TELL Global when the show is to air. It's like asking them to cut "Sex in the City" to run our show. It just doesn't work this way.

With the success of the show...things will indeed change. Global has already bumped the times in most areas up a half hour. This was Global's step and not ours. They like it that much!

As far as hunts go...by all means...suggest away. There are a number of hunts already set up for 2006 but spaces are available.

I imagine the knowledge base here is fantastic...so if you know guides/oufitters that you think would be great for the show...then again...let us know.

Thanks for all of your input.

Old 08-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here are a few suggestions for the show. 1) The winter caribou hunt in Quebec ( mirage outfitters). I have done it a couple of times and if you check here it is quite popular there is a near 50 page thread on it. 2) Another interesting one would be Whitetail on Anticosti Island. 3) Black powder deer on Manitoulin Island ( call Rob Seifreid, Manitoulin Big Game Outfitters ). 4) Archery black bear over bait in Ontario, 5) rabbit hunting with beagles, 6) a show on bird dogs only etc.....................
Old 08-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

i'm lucky GLOBAL has the program on at 9:00 am .where i live ..if u ever film in ANTICOSTI ISLAND don't go there before november..i hunted on the island 5 times ,in oct. the big buck's are all asleep ..we go to RIVIER BELL .THEY HAVE AN AIRPORT 15 MIN. FROM THE MAIN LODGE.. i also tried calling and rattling in oct. ..with buck in sight there was no response ,the deer kept on walking ..but in nov. the big buck's go crazy ..
Old 08-27-2005, 06:55 AM

It's about time we have a Canadian-based hunting show and kudo's to Global and the Men's Channel for running it! Watched the Saskatchewan bear hunt this morning,and enjoyed it.

Quick Reply: Canada in the Rough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.