Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Vendor Forums > OpticsCamp.com
Nikon Monarch vs Vortex Viper >

Nikon Monarch vs Vortex Viper

OpticsCamp.com Online supplier of hunting binoculars, rangefinders, riflescopes, and other optics. Special deals for HuntingNet.com members.

Nikon Monarch vs Vortex Viper

Old 06-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

i actually have both scopes but not in the magnification you mentioned. honestly, i can't really pick a favorite being they're both awesome pieces of glass.
the nikon seems to really catch light and can make a dusk situation very manageable. vortex supposedly has a fantastic customer service policy but i have yet to put it to practice.
at the end of the day whichever you chose is going to treat you well!
Old 06-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by OpticsCamp
Lifetime replacement warranty, same as the ZA5 line.

In my writeup comparing the ZA5 to the ZV3, I found that the ZA5 2-10x40 and ZV3 3-9x4 shared the same main body tube, appeared to have indistinguishable glass, and were more alike than different. That leads me to the conclusion that they probably have the same design specs. The ZV3 is manufactured in Asia, which explains the lower cost.

The ZV3 is brand new for 2013, but I have full confidence in their durability. Minox learned a lot from the first generation of ZA3 several years back, and their scopes have had very few problems since. I've heard nothing but good things from ZV3 owners.
Thanks for the info. I really hadn't paid too much attention to Minox until recently.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Spike

Nikon is better i guess...that one is reliable durable and cost effective as well..
Old 06-25-2013, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have experience with the Monarch but I do with the Viper,and it is a great scope. I have had other Nikons before and they were good scopes, so I don't see where you would go wrong with either. I would look at the warranties on each to make a decision if it was me.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Murdy
Thanks for the info. I really hadn't paid too much attention to Minox until recently.
The company itself has been around for quite a long time, and has the same history in the camera industry as Leica and the like. It's only been the last five years or so that they've started building rifle scopes.