Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
High end binocs >

High end binocs

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

High end binocs

Old 01-04-2023, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default High end binocs

So I have been hunting out in Missouri last few years. I have a set of Steiner merlins. But I feel I need a better quality binocs. As you are required to only shoot 140+ deer there. So you really need to study the deer before shooting.

I want a set of Swarovski EL's but feel their might be better choices around 1K price tag. about impossible to do in a store. Looking at the Vortex razor line, as I have some of their higher end spotting scopes.
Old 01-04-2023, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bushnell Forge are very good for the money. Razors are a bit over that mark if you’re talking non-mil/LEO/instructor pricing, and the Razor UHD’s are over that mark even WITH the program pricing. The Kaibab’s and vultures may be of interest, however.

I use Swarovski SLC’s, but they’re a long stretch over. Phenomenal glass though.
Old 01-05-2023, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Leica's are very good, they are the closest thing I have found to an old pair of Carl Zeiss Jenna's that I had till someone needed them worse than I did.
Old 01-06-2023, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

Give Meopta a look. I have a pair of the MeoPro Air in 10x42 and to my eye they are every bit as clear as the Swarovski and right at the $1k price point.
Old 01-19-2023, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I wanted the SLC's 10X42. But I think I am going with the Leica intovids 10X42. Others I looked at was the Vortex razor 10X42.
Old 01-25-2023, 11:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a set of 10x50 Fujinon Marine binoculars I bought years ago when I was boating on the Chesapeake bay. I took them on my antelope hunt last Oct. They are the clearest binocs I ever looked through, my buddy had Steiner's and they didn't hold a candle to mine. They cost me $800.00 back when I bought them but now they are a lot less expensive. I would give Fujunon a look before I bought new binoculars. I have had mine since the 90s and they have a life time warranty. The liquid in the compass got thick over the years and I sent thrm back to Fuginon and they repaired them and sent them back no charge.