Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Zeiss Terra 3-9x42 >

Zeiss Terra 3-9x42

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Zeiss Terra 3-9x42

Old 04-21-2019, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Zeiss Terra 3-9x42

I just bought one of these, I was looking at the Leupold Freedom scopes and found this for $75 more on ebay. It is new with the RZ-6 reticule. I will mount it on a 6.5X55 rifle. I do not have it yet and may regret not buying a Leupold. Does anyone have experience with one of these scopes? Thanks
Old 04-22-2019, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

The last scope I bought was a Zeiss Terra Z8 instead of a Leupold in which I always bought and would highly recommend their products. The scope is very clear and their Ballistic calculator was dead on allowing me to harvest a deer at 407 yards. i believe I paid around $350 for it.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

A heck of a long shot Sniper, nearly a quarter of a mile. The 6.5X55 carries fairly well but is not up to what a 270 can do, I have passed up shots over 300 yards with a Leupold on a 30-06 bolt action. I paid $255 plus shipping for this one, it is supposed to be new but I haven't received it yet. These are now discontinued so they are not as attractive as they once were. I will have to figure out how to use the RZ-6 reticule. This will be used for deer in the Midwest with a mixture of woods and open fields, I hunt the open fields from stands. The rifle I had put together with an unused M38 receiver, barrel and bolt that I bought 25 years ago or so, they were spares that Sweden had in stock and sold along with the M96 and M38 rifles. I have a new wood stock in the finishing stage now, I will final sand it and Tru-oil it. It has been glass bedded, I am hoping for the accuracy that these guns are known for as well as the caliber. Hopefully the Terra will fit right in.