Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Good scope for 500+ shots >

Good scope for 500+ shots

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Good scope for 500+ shots

Old 11-21-2019, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Strike Eagle is made in China like the CrossFire IIs.

I would suggest making IR less of a priority or increase your budget a great deal. NightForce SHV would be a great choice if you got a grand to blow on a scope.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

Don't have a grand to spend - trying to stay in the $500 range. Lighted reticle is pretty important, as most of my hunting is black bear.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

To get in that price range and magnification is hard when you consider the durability needed for a 7mm Mag or above. I would watch for sales on Sightrons. They make a tough scope and several have a very good price point. SIIIs are made in Japan and i think the S-Tacs are made in the Philippines. Ive read they dont outsource assembly. They own the factories.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

you guys might want to start your own tread rather than hi jacking this one? as a new tread might get you more views and idea's as well, as not polluting this tread off the original OP"S topic!
no hate here just saying!
Old 11-22-2019, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks mom, but I think we're doing just fine. It was a thread about choosing scopes. Our discussion is hardly off-topic.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cub Slayer
Thanks mom, but I think we're doing just fine. It was a thread about choosing scopes. Our discussion is hardly off-topic.
I'm NOT your MOM
and why do you wish to have a debate about starting your own tread
sice again, the OP already got a cscope
so contimuing the topic is getting less views and well NOT helping the OP at all anymore?
Old 11-22-2019, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

Why do you care? If you think the thread no longer serves a purpose, don't bother with it. Those of us that do can.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cub Slayer
Why do you care? If you think the thread no longer serves a purpose, don't bother with it. Those of us that do can.
because I am a caring active member trying to help YOU and others!
and I never said this tread doesn;t serve a purpose, It DID, and the OP moved on after getting the info he wanted!

your own tread is what you should have, not using another
its proper forum protocol
having your OWN tread will get you more advice and suggestions, which helps YOU then better!
a s the OP of this tread is already happy with there scope they picked out!

so, your off topic here, and using another's tread fort you asking questions and for info!

as your now talking about lighted recitals and such, NOT what the original post was about!
this ain;t rocket science here!

no need to try and start a debate or an arguments, I was polite when I suggest the new tread, , but apparently you like conflict!

Last edited by mrbb; 11-22-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

But apparently you like long posts that don't really say much.

We don't need a thread nanny.