Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Don't buy from Nikon >

Don't buy from Nikon

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Don't buy from Nikon

Old 12-07-2015, 08:59 AM
Spike

bman940, no, I haven't checked the Nikon's No Fault Policy, but I suppose I had to. I just got that info about lifetime warranty from the person I thought knows it for sure. I'm glad that's not true and will consider buying Nikon binos for myself)
Old 12-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

There is a ole' axiom; "someone who has a bad experience tells 10 people, those who had a good experience tells one person".

Whenever I look at reviews I always disregard the great ones and look at the bad ones - More often the bad ones have unrealistic expectations.

When a vast majority think the product / service is good, perhaps the complainer should look in the mirror........................

A $10 car wash is just that; not a detail job !!!
Old 12-08-2015, 03:58 AM
Spike

Unfortunately this is how it happens most of the time. I think we all should make more positive reviews for the products we really like.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:20 AM
Spike

Thank you, Ray! I do not do any sales for Nikon but I do try to get the right information out to you guy's when I notice a misunderstanding or mistake. Drop me a note if I can answer any question's for you about Nikon's Bino's. I just finished the last of my 3 big hunts this year, OK,TX and KS. Needless to say I did a lot of glassing. This year I used MONARCH 5 10x42's (which just happen to be $50 off right now) mainly because a buddy borrowed my MONARCH 7's and doesn't seem interested in returning them! Great low light bino's and made for all day glassing.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:14 AM
Spike

That's great! I'll PM you if I have any questions.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

Well after a lot of back and forth ,emails,phone calls between Nikon and myself , returning the ones they sent me and waiting for a different set to arrive I think I have a set that settles this matter. It was like pulling teeth to get there but I consider this a dead issue.

Will it change my mind about ever purchasing Nikon again? Highly doubtful!!! But they finally made this issue right so it's a dead issue now.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:17 AM
Spike

I'm happy you finally received the right set. Disappointed it caused so many problem's for you and hopefully Nikon CS learned something as well.
Good luck with the rest of the season Mike!
Old 12-19-2015, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by miketodd58
Ok some of you may know I have been a loyal supporter of Nikon products for years.

NO MORE.

Sent back a pair of Binoculars for warranty repair. Granted these are 20 year old Binoculars and this is the second time they have been back for service over the past twenty years.

After 3 months of back and forth I get a email saying they cannot get parts and they are replacing them with a new pair. I think great I am getting a new pair of binoculars for my 20 year old binoculars.

Here is where the story gets bad. The Binos they are sending will not carry the lifetime warranty. They will only carry a 6 month warranty.

So Nikon is essentially shutting down their Optics warranty after 20 years or so and getting out from under their lifetime warranty.
No more Nikon products for me. Leupold all the way.

...Edited Champlain Islander...20 years!!! WTH!!! And they send you another set!!!

What you want free bino's for life lmao

I'll bet your a liberal demicrats ain't ya

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-20-2015 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language
Old 12-24-2015, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
...Edited Champlain Islander...20 years!!! WTH!!! And they send you another set!!!

What you want free bino's for life lmao

I'll bet your a liberal demicrats ain't ya
That was very helpful.

When a company puts a lifetime warranty on a product..advertises on TV binos dropping off tailgates and falling off cliffs and they are covered under a lifetime warranty...YES!!! I expect that company to uphold their commitment to the customer and do exactly as they advertise.

Easy enough to understand??
Old 12-24-2015, 10:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mike,

..............and here I thought you were going to say that you brought a new pair of Nikon binos for Christmas ?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.