Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Best 10x42 Binoculars? >

Best 10x42 Binoculars?

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Best 10x42 Binoculars?

Old 03-04-2015, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

I own a pair of 10x42 Leica's and a Leica Spotting Scope. I jumped through the hoops with the Warranty department with them. I thought I was going to have a coronary over getting the Binos warrantied as I had lost the receipt. They were bound and determined NOT to cover the binos unless I could produce the receipt. I argued with the place I purcased them through till I was blue in the face that I needed a receipt. I finally wound up going online and paying $2 for a credit card statement and had it sent to me and showed the store the exact date of purchase and they were then able to go back and pull the receipt and let me drive down to the store and make a copy. Then and only then was Leica going to put my Binos under Warranty. I decided that day that was the last Leica product I was ever going to buy. NO MATTER HOW WONDERFUL they are. And they are Wonderful!
Old 08-09-2015, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I finally pulled the trigger. I tried the Swarovski 10x42 EL and SLC side by side. Through my eyes, the ELs were a little sharper and the feel was much better. Between the sale they had on the ELs, the 10% off coupon, and the Cabela's points I got a great price on them. Very happy so far. Can't wait to get them in Colorado on a hunt.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Spike

If you have the money to spend, Swarovski has some of the best optics around. Leica, Leupold and Zeiss are all in the same price and quality range. If your like me and have to scrape pennies from under the couch to buy a set of binos, I would strongly suggest either the Nikon Monarchs or Vortex optics.

You can pick up a set of 10x42 Vortex Diamondbacks for around $225 or so. Keep in mind that they are not Swarovskis, but they are probably the best bang for your buck. I have a set of 10x50s and love them. They are a bit heavy but they also have a lifetime no questions asked warranty.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Even if you find that you need them to stand behind their product !!!

Last edited by Sheridan; 05-05-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Spike

I have a set of http://www.pointblankscopes.com/prod...roof-binocular by Minox they have served me well for the last year
Old 08-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
I finally pulled the trigger. I tried the Swarovski 10x42 EL and SLC side by side. Through my eyes, the ELs were a little sharper and the feel was much better. Between the sale they had on the ELs, the 10% off coupon, and the Cabela's points I got a great price on them. Very happy so far. Can't wait to get them in Colorado on a hunt.
I have been debating on these as well as the Zeiss Victory HT's. Can't quiet make up my mind on if I want the edge to edge of the Swarvo's over the 95% light transmission of the Zeiss.
Hope you enjoy your investment!! Good luck on the hunt!!
Old 08-19-2015, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO vortex offers a great optic at an affordable price....Certainly not the very best but probably the very best most folks can justify paying for.

I just ordered my 6 year old her very first pair of her own for her Birthday.

Last edited by rockport; 08-19-2015 at 07:00 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:05 PM
Spike

I bought my Nikon Prostaff 7 10X42x "camo" binocular last year & love them. Iv ben using mine allot lately scouting for turkeys for California's upcoming spring turkey season. I use the Boss Bino System to attached them to my backpack or bibs. Great binoculars & the Boss Bino System works great. So I think Nikon Prostaff 7 10X42 is best!
Old 05-19-2017, 05:45 PM
Spike

Hi, Rob! I'm back. Recently, I read a good article (www.listoutdoor.com/7-best-hunting-binoculars-review-2017/). I think it's useful to you.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:12 PM
Spike

I have got NIkon Monarch 7298. Hasn't let me down yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.