Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Nikon service >

Nikon service

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Nikon service

Old 10-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Spike

Default Nikon service

I recently sent a pair of binoculars to Nikon because one of the eye cups had broken and fallen off. They sent me a brand new replacement. These have a 25 year warranty, and it was good to see that it was honored.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DPHMIN
I recently sent a pair of binoculars to Nikon because one of the eye cups had broken and fallen off. They sent me a brand new replacement. These have a 25 year warranty, and it was good to see that it was honored.
Glad your experience was a good one as every experience I have heard from Nikon has been excellent.

I own or have owned dozens of Nikon products over the years.

I have had to return exactly TWO Nikon products for repair in the past 25 years or so.

One was a Electronic Range Finder. Just went dead. Was repaired quickly and free of charge.

The other was a set of Compact Binos. I sent them in and got a phone call from Nikon. I was told they did not have parts for that model as they were really old and were unable to fix them but offered me full retail credit for them towards anything in their catalog. I was able to UPGRADE to a much nicer set of Binos for a really small price. I must say I was shocked by this as the Binos I sent in were really old and pretty much worn out and on thier last leg to start with.

I have turned on a good many people to Nikon products over the years and seldom do I hear bad reports out of them. Everyone seems to have good experience with Nikon optics and Nikon customer service.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not a big fan of Nikon stuff other thean their very top end binos .... but, I did send in a $225 bino years ago because it "double imaged" on me. No questions asked. Sent me a brand new version of the same model.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

always nice to hear good customer service tales!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:12 AM
Spike

Great to see the positive posts about Nikon's Customer Service. If you ever have an issue I can help you with let me know.