Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Zeiss Scopes >

Zeiss Scopes

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Zeiss Scopes

Old 07-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Spike

Default Zeiss Scopes

Hello everyone,

Has anyone ever used the "Rapid Z" reticle in their Conquest scopes? If so, tell us about it.

thanks
Old 07-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I have a Z600 on my 6.5 Grendel AR. It actually works quite well. The easiest approach would be to go to the Zeiss website. Look up the Rapid Z calculator and enter in your pertinent info. It will give you the yardages for the stadia lines at an optimal power setting (if you want the ranges to correlate to the 3,4,5 and 6 marked lines, just adjust the power as recommended). For example, on my set-up, if I set it at 6.5X my ranges are 299@3, 395@4, 499@5 and 600@6. In other words, they correspond to the markings already on the reticle. If not, see what the yardages are at high power, print it off and head to the range to verify. On mine (3-9 x 40), when I go up to 9X, the ranges change to 273@3, 345@4, 425@5 and 505@6. Also, changing variables such as elevation, inclination, bullet / load BC or weight will changes your numbers. Whatever you end up with, you must verify at the range.

Last edited by bugsNbows; 07-14-2013 at 07:02 AM.