Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Leupold CDS

Old 09-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default Leupold CDS

Anybody have any 1st hand experience with Leupolds CDS system?

Was checking out there website and it looks like a pretty neat system. Just curious for what I would call "mid" long range (400-600 yds) how well it really works.

One or two seasons down the road I'm going to outfit my main big game rifle with a new scope and was leaning toward the Leupold.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't own one but, from other "sources", it's pretty accurate and perfectly suitable on a hunting set-up.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Spike

I have a VXR with the CDS system and the glass is phenomenal for the money. I have a load that is quite accurate in the A-bolt II rifle chambered in 308Win that the scope is mounted on but I was hoping to find more velocity before I send my ballistics to Leupold for the custom turret knob. I have used this set-up to shoot steel targets up to 500 meters with repeatable results but the turret is not calibrated for the ranges yet so I can't comment on this from personnel experience. I have read of correct and useable calibration from other shooters that have used the CDS though.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Spike

I use a leupold 3-9x40mm VX-II atop a 300 win mag and using the 180 grain CDS dial with perfect satisfaction. Tried it out on vermin out to 375 yards with little hassle...wind behind me shooting a 180 grain grand slam at 2940fps....they cant hide! lol cannot wait to get a moose...seen two this past friday but no opportunity, the recent frost kicked them in the pants i think....boy oh boy.

Leupold with CDS - approved lol