Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
older(?) wind river 10x42's >

older(?) wind river 10x42's

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

older(?) wind river 10x42's

Old 05-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Spike

Default older(?) wind river 10x42's

just found this forum this evening. been enjoying the read for a few hours..... lots of info here for sure.
i'm hoping that some of you can help me with info on a set of wind river binocs i found ( yep!!!! layin' in the bushes...). info on the nocs is 'roof-cf; 10x42; field 5*; imported by leupold. nocs are taller (7") than what i see for sale now. anyway, cleaned the lenses carfully as the whole unit is/was caked on mud and debris. minor light wanna-be scratch on one of the objectives and thats it! what a find, huh?
serial #SD G13457. i'm curious about the model name and what they might be worth. oh yes... armor coated, too...... larry
Old 06-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rootie, welcome to the board. If nobody on the board is able to be of help, check with the people on www.opticstalk.com . Lots of optic professionals on there and they are great guys also.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

I have a pair of the made in Japan Wind Rivers 8x42, bought them 5 or 6 years ago, paid about $225.00 for them, I think retail was a little over $300.00. The made in Japan WR's are considered a bit better than the newer ones. I really like them. You made a great find. Wonder how they ended up in the bushes?