Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Is Swarovski really the best? >

Is Swarovski really the best?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Is Swarovski really the best?

Old 03-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question Is Swarovski really the best?

I am looking at a new scope for a 30-06. This is used for whitetails, mule deer, and elk. Considering the following:

Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 BRH Reticle

Leupold VX-3 4 - 12x50 B&C Reticle

Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x50 Rapid Z 600 Reticle

The Swaro is $260 more than the Leupold and $175 more than the Zeiss. Is it really worth the extra coin?

. . . Rob

Last edited by Rob in VT; 03-12-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
I am looking at a new scope for a 30-06. This is used for whitetails, mule deer, and elk. Considering the following:

Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 BRH Reticle

Leupold VX-3 4 - 12x50 B&C Reticle

Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x50 Rapid Z 600 Reticle

The Swaro is $260 more than the Leupold and $175 more than the Zeiss. Is it really worth the extra coin?

. . . Rob

O.k this Swaro is not their top line model. I go out and say that now.
Its a model directed at competing with the Conquest and some of higher end scope makes and models. It is a nice scope for sure, you will be happy with it no question about it and you will never give it up. Do it if you want, I would spend it over the Leupold cause it is a over all better scope than the Leupold and you will see it in that price difference. .I don't know about the Zeiss though, it is brighter, but the Ziess will do everything (and than some) you ask of it to under legal hunting laws and conditions and you
won't regrett it.I would pick Ziess,only because of the Warranty.I'm not overly impressed with Swaros warranty.Both Leupold and Ziess offer a much better one, but reguardless a well built Swaro will stand the test of time. .I
personally would use that extra money you save on the Ziess and put it
towards top notch mounts for it.If you are happy with the way it will get mounted and that is not a concern buy the Swaro. It is brighter, but you will never really take full advantage of what it has to offer unless you go, to a place where you can shoot throughout the night when you compare this Ziess Conquest and this model of Swaro. But an extra 175 isn't all that
much if you have got it in your budget already.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 03-12-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the 3-12x50 swaro and it's certainly a step up from both the zeiss and leupold, I think the zeiss is a step up from the leupold.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by salukipv1
I have the 3-12x50 swaro and it's certainly a step up from both the zeiss and leupold, I think the zeiss is a step up from the leupold.
+1, For hunting swaro's are top of the line. But any of those scopes would do are great job for you.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't believe the Swaro is "the best" but it is certainly very, very good. I've got three and have used them extensively. Do you need top tier shelf scopes for most hunting...probably not. But that does not mean you shouldn't use them. I'd rather have one great scope than three so-so ones. Just my approach. The upper end Zeiss units have great glass, but they are FFP and I prefer SFP for typical hunting purposes. Zeiss Conquests are good, but not as good as the Swaro Z-3 (IMO, YMMV). I just acquired a S&B Summit to mess with. It may be the best of all I've tried. Whatever floats your boat. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

So where is the best place to buy a Swaro Z3? From what I can see, the prices seem to be fixed on them. Right now it looks like my best bet is Cabela's with coupons and points from my CC.

Thoughts?
Old 03-16-2011, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I get ALL my optics at S.W.F.A. (unless they don't carry that brand ...such as Nightforce).
Old 03-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will admit I have far too many rifle/scope set-ups that any hunter needs, but who is counting? (Well maybe my good wife?) I have experience with too many brands and models to mention here. I have a Conquest, a Z3 and two VX-III's. All are good scopes. For my dollar the Conquest is the value. The Z3 is great, but as you mentioned a fist full of dollars more. Z3 or Conquest, you will not be disappointed. As for Swarovski quality? My good wife gave me a top end Swarovski 30 mm tube, 1.5-6x42 mm for my 50th. That was 13 years ago. It has performed perfectly.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

Check out: http://www.cameralandny.com

They often have the best prices.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Buy the "best" you can afford.

A lot of "us" wished we owed Swarovski's !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.