Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Tasco Propoint red dot scope advice >

Tasco Propoint red dot scope advice

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Tasco Propoint red dot scope advice

Old 04-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Spike

Default Tasco Propoint red dot scope advice

I just purchased a Tasco Propoint PDP2MO red dot scope with extra tubes and the instructions are really vague about using them. There are two extensions, one called a sunshade and the other a mirage hood. They both are the same exact size, look identical and either one will fit on either side. There is also a polarizing filter that I can use on either side but I'm not sure what the advantages are and which side would be better.

I really could use some advice and opinions on how to best utilize what came with this scope so anyone who has used this Tasco Propoint or any similar scope please reply.

I also posted this under firearms / scopes as I didn't know which one would attract the most forum members that have knowlege on this subject.

Thanks
Old 04-14-2011, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

I have several of the red dots.
The sunshade is exactly what the name implies; it's used when the sun is in front or directly in back of you and causing glare or reflection on the lense of the scope.
The filter is useful in bright sunlight shooting conditions used to take some glare off the target; I use it in front of the scope.

I only used the filter/shade a couple times; under most circumstances it will not be needed.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Spike

Thanks Major,

I'm going to experiment with using the different items to see what works best for me but you've given me a head start in this area.

Mooncrickit
Old 05-04-2011, 04:49 AM
Fork Horn

I have two of these. I have used them on my Marlin 30-30, Remington 1100 slug gun, and my Mossberg turkey gun. They are 15 years old and still work great. I use the front shade tube but not the filter.