Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Mueller scope question--- >

Mueller scope question---

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Mueller scope question---

Old 05-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Mueller scope question---

I have a Mueller APV 4.5-14x40 on my .22, works like a charm, good clarity etc--just bought a nice used 700 in .243 today, [it came with a small Bushnell Sportview on it], and I'm wondering if any of you might know if the Mueller could handle the recoil of the .243--I ask because a couple years ago, I spoke with a Mueller rep and at that time he said they only carried one scope that was built to take any real recoil, stating that most of their line were designed for the .22's, .22 mags and .22 Hornets--If the Mueller is up to it, I'm thinking the small Bushnell will work on the .22 and the Mueller should work well on the .243--I'd appreciate some advice-----John
Old 05-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

........Maybe.......You might be able to accurately shoot it 5 times or 5,000 times before it failed. I would look around for a Bushnell Elite 3200 or 4200 on sale and not have to worry about it.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

Good point--think I'll just forget the small Bushnell, leave the Mueller where it is and put a decent proven scope on the varmint rifle---thanks----John