Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Got my new Trophy XLT DOA in the mail >

Got my new Trophy XLT DOA in the mail

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Got my new Trophy XLT DOA in the mail

Old 03-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default Got my new Trophy XLT DOA in the mail

You may remember my post back during late muzzleloader season when I was griping about my Bushnell Banner taking a dirt nap. Well, I sent it in and they said that it wasn't repairable, and that I could order a replacement from them for 80 bucks. Ugh. Yeah right! Well, they sent me a paper in the mail that said they were going to offer me 30-40% off a new scope of my choice. I called them up and asked about the price of the Trophy XLT DOA250. They told me that I could get it for $125. I explained that I'd paid $75 for the Banner and that I didn't feel like spending much more than that for another Bushnell scope. The guy told me that he could get me one for $85 plus $10 shipping. So I ordered it, and it just got here in the mail the other day. I mounted it on my CVA Optima Elite, and it appears to be 10x's the scope the Banner was. I don't know that I'll get much use out of the ballistic reticle, but it looks cool in there

I'm in turkey mode right now, but sometime I will take her out for a test run and let you all know what I think of it.

rw
Old 03-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

The "Banner" is certainly, shall I say kindly, an entry level scope. It is about minimal in every way as are (in my opinion) every other scope in that price range. I know I harp on this, but for the life of me I do not want others to make the same mistake that I made when I first moved from open sights to a scope. I wnet cheap ... and it cost me a legitimate chance to bag a once in a lifetime buck because the guts of the scope failed under the recoil of a 30.06 Spr. There is no substitute for a quality scope. I realize that the top end stuff is prohibitively expensive for probably the majority of us, but an avid hunter is doing a bad thing to go cheap on optics. Be it a scope, or binos.